• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Salisbury, Rowan County NC Open Carry

kennethgooch

I wanted to ask if anyone has any experiences good, bad or indifferent to share about Salisbury NC. I have carried my handgun a few times without anything happening and believe that it will be carried more often now.

mekender

I work in the area and asked a SPD officer about it about a month ago. He flat out said that there is nothing for them to do about it, that it is completely legal and that every one in the department knows it. He was only about 2 months on the job so I figure if he knows, then it is a pretty safe area for OC. He did mention that if they get a call, they have to check it out but we all know that is the case.