• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Successes

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
I want to compile a list of instances where open carry has led to positive change.

I know about the 2003 Defense Walks in Ohio that led to shall-issue concealed carry.

What are some other successes that have been had in conjunction with open carry?

Also, if you know of instances where open carry protest was used where it may not be attributable to the success of a pro-gun law or the failure of an anti-gun law, but the pro-gun law still succeeded or the anti-gun law still failed, that would be interesting as well.

A list would help against the eternal debate against all the people who claim open carry only leads to gun bans.

Last edited:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Wisconsin!

The Wisconsin legislature has twice passed a 'Personal Protection Act' and twice failed to override the Governor's veto due to the combination of fiscal-political squabbling by those standing to profit (from sale of the privilege) and the leadership of principled advocates of less government, i.e., non-permitted open carry that is the only legal gun carry in Wisconsin.

Last edited: