Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of this candidate for senate?

What do you think of this candidate for senate?

Was at the tea party in Hudson yesterday and met Rob Taylor who gave a very good speech. I was wondering what everyone thought of him as a candidate for senate? I videotaped his speech and hopefully it turned out good and Huber will post it here so you can listen and know he believes citizens should have the right to carry under the Wisconsin Constitution.

I've sent him a link to this posting, so, he might reply to a post on here. If you have questions his email is rob.taylor@robtaylorforsenate.com and his web page is www.robtaylorforsenate.com

Don
    Last edited by cowboyridn; 10-24-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: words

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyridn View Post
    Was at the tea party in Hudson yesterday and met Rob Taylor who gave a very good speech. I was wondering what everyone thought of him as a candidate for senate? I video taped his speech and hopfully it turned out good and Huber will post it.

Don
    Well, unfortunately, he's unelectable so if you vote for him, it is a wasted vote and Feingold will win. Unfortunately that is the harsh truth in this 2 party system.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

The Constitution Party vote, a principled vote against status quo tyranny.

A Constitution Party vote may be a principled vote. I will vote for every Constitution Party candidate on my ballot.

Either or both a democrat party vote/republican party vote is for status quo. I prefer REVOLUTION and give a fig if it is bloody or not. Revolution now while I am hale and my grip firm is preferable to later when our children will have to fight it.

Thanks for raising this issue. I hope this thread survives Petard Tukhus' efforts to disrupt it.
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 10-24-2010 at 05:06 PM.

We don't want Feingold to win

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Well, unfortunately, he's unelectable so if you vote for him, it is a wasted vote and Feingold will win. Unfortunately that is the harsh truth in this 2 party system.
    You say this because he is a third party candidate? I wonít be voting for Feingold and I understand why I would be wasting my vote for Rob, but, this is the electoral system we have where we can vote for the candidate of choice and rob is the only one that I've heard that has actually listened to the people and know what they want, and will take it to the senate, even if you consider it a wasted vote.

Don
    Last edited by cowboyridn; 10-24-2010 at 05:13 PM. Reason: wording

Thanks Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    A Constitution Party vote may be a principled vote. I will vote for every Constitution Party candidate on my ballot.

Either or both a democrat party vote/republican party vote is for status quo. I prefer REVOLUTION and give a fig if it is bloody or not. Revolution now while I am hale and my grip firm is preferable to later when our children will have to fight it.

Thanks for raising this issue. I hope this thread survives Petard Tukhus' efforts to disrupt it.
    I agree, getting away from the status quo, we need change now

Don

Progress is made by WINNING elections with enough of a majority to make changes. Nobody cares who comes in third.

To really make a difference, change the Republican (or Democrat if that's your thing) party stance on our issues and help them win elections. That takes effort, but it pays back with real results.

Supporting third-party LOSERS is the lazy way out. It takes zero effort to say "F the system" and vote for a loser. Just like it takes zero effort for me to sit here and type this

I emailed Rob Taylor

What do you think of this candidate for senate?

I emailed rob Taylor and stated and sent him a copy of the picture posted here:

Email sent:

I met a great man today, one who listens to the people, and knows what they are asking of him.....

Thanks Senator Rob Taylor

Don Marso

And he replied personally with:

Don,

Thank you for the photo and your thoughts. Please help by spreading the
    word.

Thanks again.

Rob

I then emailed him today:
    Rob,

I posted a question on wisconsincarry.org web blog on how members felt about you as a candidate. Below is the link to the posting so you can read the reply's and respond. You said to spread the word so I am through our members at wisconsincarry.org.

If I mail you a print of the photo we took with a return envelope, would you sign it and return the signed copy?

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...00#post1385700

Don Marso

He replied within minutes with:
    Don,

I would be honored to sign a photo.

And thanks for spreading the word.

Rob

How many other candidates for senate would take the time to answer an email personally?

Banned

Another memberof the 'Status quo Party'!

Another member of the 'Status quo Party' speaks up. Remember that the D&R have brought us to these straits.

The GOP is dead - Bush-41, DEAD - Bush-43, dead at McLame's hand. Fool me once and shame on you, fool me twice and shame on me, only a damned fool can be fooled thrice. Obamanation is anathema.

http://robtaylorforsenate.com
    Please share this site.
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 10-24-2010 at 05:33 PM.

Just not me

Quote Originally Posted by grinner View Post
    Progress is made by WINNING elections with enough of a majority to make changes. Nobody cares who comes in third.

To really make a difference, change the Republican (or Democrat if that's your thing) party stance on our issues and help them win elections. That takes effort, but it pays back with real results.

Supporting third-party LOSERS is the lazy way out. It takes zero effort to say "F the system" and vote for a loser. Just like it takes zero effort for me to sit here and type this
    Iíve never voted for a particular party, I vote for the candidate of choice based on the candidate who I feel is the best for the job, and who I feel represents my positions. We each vote for our own reasons, some stay with their favorite as a republican or democrat, regardless of their position, but, Iíve always voted for who I feel is for the people and their wishes as well as mine, thats the way it should be.

Youíre not convincing in telling me to vote to win, thatís just not me!!!!
    Last edited by cowboyridn; 10-24-2010 at 05:44 PM. Reason: wording

we have an established two party system. I hate to say it but we do. I am Libertarian in principle and personal action but have to admit I don't see the third party movement being effective as a separate entity. if the far left can effectively take over the democratic party there is no reason the libertarian and/or constitutional movement can't take back the Republican party.
    "I have a long held belief that a man cannot have too many books, too many wines, or to much ammunition"

~Jeff Cooper~

however I wouldn't suggest a third party vote is a wasted vote. everyone votes for a different reason. if you think it's the right way to vote who am I or anyone else to say otherwise?
    "I have a long held belief that a man cannot have too many books, too many wines, or to much ammunition"

~Jeff Cooper~

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    there is no reason the libertarian and/or constitutional movement can't take back the Republican party.
    The only thing that is heard in the GOP is bucks. A vote for each buck you send. You'll have the best government that money can buy, just like the demos.

I do not see someone voting for who they want to vote for as a wasted vote, to me a wasted vote comes from someone who does not even bother to execise their right to vote.
    I had to change my signature because you know who got upset about it.

He can't win, so I don't care. Sorry.

Progress is made by WINNING elections with enough of a majority to make changes.
    Progress is made several ways. First, through winning, but that only counts if you elect people who will actually vote for change instead of the status quo.

The other way to make progress is to make clear to candidates that they must earn your vote, because it will not automatically go to any candidate just because of a party affiliation or special interest endorsement. And, they have to know that this applies to each election, not just the one that gets them into office.

When the GOP gained both houses with the 104th Congress (1994 election), we had a good shot at change. What did we get? Business as usual just as soon as the freshmen figured out they had to go along with the system to get anything done at all, especially if they wanted to serve more than a single term.

I have to agree with this. Although I would like to have seen a more hard line ultra conservative be the other choice, Ron Johnson is better than Feingold & I will vote for him. A vote cast for anyone else is helping feingold win. But yes, the 2 party system sucks, it's broken and needs to go.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 10-24-2010 at 06:49 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Vote for whomever you want to, but keep in mind, it is the winners who end up making policy.
    Last edited by phred; 10-24-2010 at 07:44 PM.

A Shining example

I would expect this from a liberal, but as I am finding out in this election the Republicans are just as bad. If someone doesnít agree with you, then call them names and cuss. But I understand, did you know that an animal, exposed to an unfamiliar situation will keep doing the same thing they always do. For example, when a dog finds no food in his bowl, he will keep on looking in that bowl for food. Over and over again until it get filled. We are in very unfamiliar ground with the corruption with our government. However unlike the dog, we donít have time to wait to see if the situation will fix itself. And we donít have time to fix the parties. You are of course welcome to your opinion and I will not call you a loser or lazy. But I would suggest that you quit being lazy and do some research. We all know that Johnson is an empty suit. How can this fix the country? Just because he has an R behind his name doesnít make it so. I believe I can and have been fighting the corrupted system for two years now and promoting our campaign to bring to you a resource that can fix the country.

Banned

Good morning, Rob Taylor for senate, and a tardy welcome

Best wishes and I will vote for you.

Good morning and yes it is

Best wishes and I will vote for you.
    Thank you Doug. As a matter of fact I have several people so far that have said they voted early and for me. People do see what needs to be done and I am very proud to be able to serve.

Banned
    Can you, will you, make a hyperbolic, perhaps outrageous, pro-gun statement to encourage the doubting fence-sitters here?

To me, that a politician bleed political blood-votes for my cause is important. I realize also that we are a tiny special interest minority.

ETA: I searched for "Wisconsin vote on line" and was surprised by the number of on-point hits. Including one "intercepted by G00gle" as
    Quote Originally Posted by G00gle
    "This site may harm your computer.The Wisconsin Vote Web site is a project of Wisconsin Public Television and ... The first phase of the Online NewsHour 2008 election site covers the ..."
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 10-25-2010 at 07:14 AM.

Why we need our guns

Can you, will you, make a hyperbolic, perhaps outrageous, pro-gun statement to encourage the doubting fence-sitters here?

To me, that a politician bleed political blood-votes for my cause is important. I realize also that we are a tiny special interest minority.
    An unprecedented opportunity to change and challenge the political landscape is before us. A landscape where our representatives and the gun control movement they embrace have implemented so many restrictions that are designed to not only to physically disarm our citizens but to morally disarm and lessen resistance to desensitize the public in preparation for their ultimate confiscation. Passing laws like the assault weapons ban and executive orders with the UN to move on the Small Arms treaties is a symbolic - move in that direction.

If we accept their ideas that the American people cannot be trusted with the tools necessary to defend our liberty, then we will surely accept the idea that the American people cannot be trusted with liberty itself and we should check our citizenship at the door along with our guns.

These views are incompatible with the sovereignty of the American people. If we intend to exercise the duties of self-government and justice as free and rational Americans, then we will need to think clearly and logically about securing the means necessary to do so.
    By disarming, we will be sending a signal to our government that we no longer aspire to sovereignty and justice. We will be signaling with great clarity that we wish to be comfortable slaves -- and slaves we will be.

Well I am not going to be a slave for I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

Our founding fathers felt very strong and knew from history the first-hand experience, the necessity of the 2nd amendment and the duties that it implies. It was added to the Constitution so that when a government with the intent to infringe or strip us of our natural rights, we will have the means to protect and recover those rights. This duty involves both the judgment and the moral capacity to resist tyranny. This duty means YOU.

Banned
    I must be an extremist because I find that quite a reasonable, and reasoned, political statement. Thank you. You have my vote.

I am enjoying Angelo Codevilla' The Character of Nations, and am rushing through it, now, to read his Advice to War Presidents.
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 10-25-2010 at 07:24 AM.

This site may harm your computer.

ETA: I searched for "Wisconsin vote on line" and was surprised by the number of on-point hits. Including one "intercepted by G00gle" as
    This site harms more than your computer.

Banned
    LOL, only those with minds so open that their brains have fallen out.

My mind is like a steel-trap -- rusted shut, closed, trapping all of life's lessons where I can use them and relate them.

I need to not overwhelm the thread or dominate less well held opinions. I hope others will take advantage of your presence. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast