• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you think of this candidate for senate?

LOERetired

Was at the tea party in Hudson yesterday and met Rob Taylor who gave a very good speech. I was wondering what everyone thought of him as a candidate for senate? I videotaped his speech and hopefully it turned out good and Huber will post it here so you can listen and know he believes citizens should have the right to carry under the Wisconsin Constitution.

I've sent him a link to this posting, so, he might reply to a post on here. If you have questions his email is rob.taylor@robtaylorforsenate.com and his web page is www.robtaylorforsenate.com

Don

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Was at the tea party in Hudson yesterday and met Rob Taylor who gave a very good speech. I was wondering what everyone thought of him as a candidate for senate? I video taped his speech and hopfully it turned out good and Huber will post it.

Don

Well, unfortunately, he's unelectable so if you vote for him, it is a wasted vote and Feingold will win. Unfortunately that is the harsh truth in this 2 party system.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
The Constitution Party vote, a principled vote against status quo tyranny.

A Constitution Party vote may be a principled vote. I will vote for every Constitution Party candidate on my ballot.

Either or both a democrat party vote/republican party vote is for status quo. I prefer REVOLUTION and give a fig if it is bloody or not. Revolution now while I am hale and my grip firm is preferable to later when our children will have to fight it.

Thanks for raising this issue. I hope this thread survives Petard Tukhus' efforts to disrupt it.

Last edited:

LOERetired

We don't want Feingold to win

Well, unfortunately, he's unelectable so if you vote for him, it is a wasted vote and Feingold will win. Unfortunately that is the harsh truth in this 2 party system.

You say this because he is a third party candidate? I won’t be voting for Feingold and I understand why I would be wasting my vote for Rob, but, this is the electoral system we have where we can vote for the candidate of choice and rob is the only one that I've heard that has actually listened to the people and know what they want, and will take it to the senate, even if you consider it a wasted vote.

Don

Last edited:

LOERetired

Thanks Doug

A Constitution Party vote may be a principled vote. I will vote for every Constitution Party candidate on my ballot.

Either or both a democrat party vote/republican party vote is for status quo. I prefer REVOLUTION and give a fig if it is bloody or not. Revolution now while I am hale and my grip firm is preferable to later when our children will have to fight it.

Thanks for raising this issue. I hope this thread survives Petard Tukhus' efforts to disrupt it.

I agree, getting away from the status quo, we need change now

Don

grinner

Progress is made by WINNING elections with enough of a majority to make changes. Nobody cares who comes in third.

To really make a difference, change the Republican (or Democrat if that's your thing) party stance on our issues and help them win elections. That takes effort, but it pays back with real results.

Supporting third-party LOSERS is the lazy way out. It takes zero effort to say "F the system" and vote for a loser. Just like it takes zero effort for me to sit here and type this :)

LOERetired

I emailed Rob Taylor

What do you think of this candidate for senate?

I emailed rob Taylor and stated and sent him a copy of the picture posted here:

Email sent:

I met a great man today, one who listens to the people, and knows what they are asking of him.....

Thanks Senator Rob Taylor

Don Marso

And he replied personally with:

Don,

Thank you for the photo and your thoughts. Please help by spreading the
word.

Thanks again.

Rob

I then emailed him today:
Rob,

I posted a question on wisconsincarry.org web blog on how members felt about you as a candidate. Below is the link to the posting so you can read the reply's and respond. You said to spread the word so I am through our members at wisconsincarry.org.

If I mail you a print of the photo we took with a return envelope, would you sign it and return the signed copy?

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...is-candidate-for-senate&p=1385700#post1385700

Don Marso

He replied within minutes with:
Don,

I would be honored to sign a photo.

And thanks for spreading the word.

Rob

How many other candidates for senate would take the time to answer an email personally?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Another memberof the 'Status quo Party'!

Another member of the 'Status quo Party' speaks up. Remember that the D&R have brought us to these straits.

The GOP is dead - Bush-41, DEAD - Bush-43, dead at McLame's hand. Fool me once and shame on you, fool me twice and shame on me, only a damned fool can be fooled thrice. Obamanation is anathema.

http://robtaylorforsenate.com
Please share this site.

Last edited:

LOERetired

Just not me

Progress is made by WINNING elections with enough of a majority to make changes. Nobody cares who comes in third.

To really make a difference, change the Republican (or Democrat if that's your thing) party stance on our issues and help them win elections. That takes effort, but it pays back with real results.

Supporting third-party LOSERS is the lazy way out. It takes zero effort to say "F the system" and vote for a loser. Just like it takes zero effort for me to sit here and type this :)

I’ve never voted for a particular party, I vote for the candidate of choice based on the candidate who I feel is the best for the job, and who I feel represents my positions. We each vote for our own reasons, some stay with their favorite as a republican or democrat, regardless of their position, but, I’ve always voted for who I feel is for the people and their wishes as well as mine, thats the way it should be.

You’re not convincing in telling me to vote to win, that’s just not me!!!!

Last edited:

Flash Gordon

we have an established two party system. I hate to say it but we do. I am Libertarian in principle and personal action but have to admit I don't see the third party movement being effective as a separate entity. if the far left can effectively take over the democratic party there is no reason the libertarian and/or constitutional movement can't take back the Republican party.

Flash Gordon

however I wouldn't suggest a third party vote is a wasted vote. everyone votes for a different reason. if you think it's the right way to vote who am I or anyone else to say otherwise?

JerryD

I do not see someone voting for who they want to vote for as a wasted vote, to me a wasted vote comes from someone who does not even bother to execise their right to vote.

KBCraig

Progress is made by WINNING elections with enough of a majority to make changes.
Progress is made several ways. First, through winning, but that only counts if you elect people who will actually vote for change instead of the status quo.

The other way to make progress is to make clear to candidates that they must earn your vote, because it will not automatically go to any candidate just because of a party affiliation or special interest endorsement. And, they have to know that this applies to each election, not just the one that gets them into office.

When the GOP gained both houses with the 104th Congress (1994 election), we had a good shot at change. What did we get? Business as usual just as soon as the freshmen figured out they had to go along with the system to get anything done at all, especially if they wanted to serve more than a single term.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

I have to agree with this. Although I would like to have seen a more hard line ultra conservative be the other choice, Ron Johnson is better than Feingold & I will vote for him. A vote cast for anyone else is helping feingold win. But yes, the 2 party system sucks, it's broken and needs to go.

Last edited:

robtaylorforsenate

A Shining example

I would expect this from a liberal, but as I am finding out in this election the Republicans are just as bad. If someone doesn’t agree with you, then call them names and cuss. But I understand, did you know that an animal, exposed to an unfamiliar situation will keep doing the same thing they always do. For example, when a dog finds no food in his bowl, he will keep on looking in that bowl for food. Over and over again until it get filled. We are in very unfamiliar ground with the corruption with our government. However unlike the dog, we don’t have time to wait to see if the situation will fix itself. And we don’t have time to fix the parties. You are of course welcome to your opinion and I will not call you a loser or lazy. But I would suggest that you quit being lazy and do some research. We all know that Johnson is an empty suit. How can this fix the country? Just because he has an R behind his name doesn’t make it so. I believe I can and have been fighting the corrupted system for two years now and promoting our campaign to bring to you a resource that can fix the country.