Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting at GLX

Shooting at GLX

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/25495385/detail.html

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Police are investigating a shooting that occurred in the parking lot outside Great Lakes Crossing Sunday afternoon. We now know that a man was shot in the abdomen in the parking lot near Burlington Coat Factory and was then transported to the hospital. The Auburn Hills Police Department are on scene and are calling fire and rescue crews to help with panicked citizens that were in the parking lot at the time of the incident. Anyone with information is asked to call police. Stay with Local 4 for updates on this breaking news story.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Hm..

Stainless you didn't have an ND did you? Heh.
    Last edited by malignity; 10-24-2010 at 06:00 PM.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

More info:

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/artic...e825839681.txt

"A 17-year-old boy from Pontiac was shot in the abdomen at Great Lakes Crossing Outlets on Sunday afternoon as part of an ongoing dispute with another teen.

Auburn Hills police said a 16-year-old, also from Pontiac, was arrested immediately after the shooting.

The argument was over a girl, according to Auburn Hills Police Department Lt. Casimir Miarka.

The victim was in a vehicle with his father and was attempting to park near the entrance to Burlington Coat Factory when he spotted the suspect around 2:20 p.m. Sunday.

A verbal argument became physical before the 16-year-old shot the 17-year-old in the abdomen with a small-caliber handgun.

The victim’s injuries are not believed to be life threatening.

Mall security were able to arrest the suspect shortly after the shooting. The victim was with his father, who apprehended the suspect in a bear hug before mall security made the arrest.

“They (Great Lakes Crossing Mall Security) do a great job,” Miarka said. “That’s probably why we don’t have problems here. Their quick response was very helpful.”

The teens did not plan to meet at the mall, Miarka said.

“It was a chance meeting between these two,” he said. “It could’ve happened anywhere, but unfortunately it happened here. We don’t have these kind of issues here. For this to happen here is very unusual.”

The suspect will be lodged at Oakland County Children’s Village overnight. Miarka said the suspect could face aggravated assault or attempted murder charges."

God damn it. There goes our carry rights at GLX.

I thought I read on this forum or somewhere else that Great Lakes Crossing had went to posting NO FIREARM signs? Does anyone know, maybe I'm mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by budlight View Post
    I thought I read on this forum or somewhere else that Great Lakes Crossing had went to posting NO FIREARM signs? Does anyone know, maybe I'm mistaken?
    Someone posted that here and it was proven to be incorrect.

Our carry rights won't be affected by this garbage. An ND by an OCer in the mall...now that would be a different story.

[QUOTE=scot623;1385787]Our carry rights won't be affected by this garbage. An ND by an OCer in the mall...now that would be a different story.

agreed. as a side note useless facts online says there are 2 1/2 women for every 1 man on earth. so shooting someone over a girl is silly. the 2 kids have obviously never heard the saying "theres plenty of fish in the sea"

Obviously they don't tach kids to read around there -- or could it be!?!? people ignore the sign!?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Obviously they don't tach kids to read around there -- or could it be!?!? people ignore the sign!?
    There are no signs!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Banned
    And people wonder why we carry guns?!

Quote Originally Posted by Slave View Post
    No, the security team knows the difference. I was there the yesterday and again this evening, no comments, or issues. Said "Hi" to sever of the security guys, this wasn't brought up. This is in fact, the first I had heard of this.

Kudos to the team, people make fun of rent-a-cops, but one at least that I know of, is a cop, and these guys do a good job.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    There are no signs!
    +1 there are none, I have spoken with the head of security, and there are no plans for them either. I doubt this incident will do anything but solidify our carry rights.

Glad to hear GLX hasn't banned lawful carry!

While we are talking about places that ban law abiding citizens from carrying, I noticed on MCRGO's website of places banning firearms was Southland Mall and the Gibraltar Trade Center in Taylor. I have been to these places many of times and never seen a No Firearms sign on any of the doors I have used. Is this info outdated, or am I missing something?

Banned
    I have heard that you can't carry there, but I don't know for sure.

While we are talking about places that ban law abiding citizens from carrying, I noticed on MCRGO's website of places banning firearms was Southland Mall and the Gibraltar Trade Center in Taylor. I have been to these places many of times and never seen a No Firearms sign on any of the doors I have used. Is this info outdated, or am I missing something?
    They also have Heritage landing in muskegon listed but im pretty sure thats a county owned park.
    Last edited by jm62383; 10-24-2010 at 10:12 PM.

Banned

Southland does have a sign just not on the door
    they have a sign just inside the building to the right of the doors

Quote Originally Posted by Slave View Post
    Thats not going to happen GLC allows you to open carry and carry with a ccw unless you are stupid and are not a responsible gun owner and like to wave it around like a fool. There is no signs posting that you cant carry a gun, they follow the law to the letter on this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paul4864 View Post
    Thats not going to happen GLC allows you to open carry and carry with a ccw unless you are stupid and are not a responsible gun owner and like to wave it around like a fool. There is no signs posting that you cant carry a gun, they follow the law to the letter on this.
    Yep.

Welcome to OCDO Grand Blanc is only a couple miles from me. Glad you're out there.

God I hope so. I hate it when there is a knee jerk reaction to idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCrainium View Post
    Southland does have a sign just not on the door
    they have a sign just inside the building to the right of the doors
    I never noticed it, I will have to look better next time I am there. I wonder if you enter the mall through one of the retailers like Best Buy if there are signs there as well?

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paul4864 View Post
    Welcome Paul!

Is GLX security armed or did they draw straws to decide which one would rush the gunman.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigun View Post
    Is GLX security armed or did they draw straws to decide which one would rush the gunman.
    No there not armed!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vmaxx View Post
    No there not armed!
    Which, I suspect, is one reason we are welcome.

There are often Auburn Hills officers in the mall though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast