• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting at GLX

malignity

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/25495385/detail.html

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Police are investigating a shooting that occurred in the parking lot outside Great Lakes Crossing Sunday afternoon. We now know that a man was shot in the abdomen in the parking lot near Burlington Coat Factory and was then transported to the hospital. The Auburn Hills Police Department are on scene and are calling fire and rescue crews to help with panicked citizens that were in the parking lot at the time of the incident. Anyone with information is asked to call police. Stay with Local 4 for updates on this breaking news story.

SpringerXDacp

More info:

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arti...cops_and_courts/doc4cc49e8f6794e825839681.txt

"A 17-year-old boy from Pontiac was shot in the abdomen at Great Lakes Crossing Outlets on Sunday afternoon as part of an ongoing dispute with another teen.

Auburn Hills police said a 16-year-old, also from Pontiac, was arrested immediately after the shooting.

The argument was over a girl, according to Auburn Hills Police Department Lt. Casimir Miarka.

The victim was in a vehicle with his father and was attempting to park near the entrance to Burlington Coat Factory when he spotted the suspect around 2:20 p.m. Sunday.

A verbal argument became physical before the 16-year-old shot the 17-year-old in the abdomen with a small-caliber handgun.

The victim’s injuries are not believed to be life threatening.

Mall security were able to arrest the suspect shortly after the shooting. The victim was with his father, who apprehended the suspect in a bear hug before mall security made the arrest.

“They (Great Lakes Crossing Mall Security) do a great job,” Miarka said. “That’s probably why we don’t have problems here. Their quick response was very helpful.”

The teens did not plan to meet at the mall, Miarka said.

“It was a chance meeting between these two,” he said. “It could’ve happened anywhere, but unfortunately it happened here. We don’t have these kind of issues here. For this to happen here is very unusual.”

The suspect will be lodged at Oakland County Children’s Village overnight. Miarka said the suspect could face aggravated assault or attempted murder charges."

NHCGRPR45

Our carry rights won't be affected by this garbage. An ND by an OCer in the mall...now that would be a different story.

agreed. as a side note useless facts online says there are 2 1/2 women for every 1 man on earth:shocker:. so shooting someone over a girl is silly. the 2 kids have obviously never heard the saying "theres plenty of fish in the sea":eek:

TheQ

I thought I read on this forum or somewhere else that Great Lakes Crossing had went to posting NO FIREARM signs? Does anyone know, maybe I'm mistaken?

Obviously they don't tach kids to read around there -- or could it be!?!? people ignore the sign!?

stainless1911

Banned
:eek: And people wonder why we carry guns?!

God damn it. There goes our carry rights at GLX.

No, the security team knows the difference. I was there the yesterday and again this evening, no comments, or issues. Said "Hi" to sever of the security guys, this wasn't brought up. This is in fact, the first I had heard of this.

Kudos to the team, people make fun of rent-a-cops, but one at least that I know of, is a cop, and these guys do a good job.

budlight

Glad to hear GLX hasn't banned lawful carry!

While we are talking about places that ban law abiding citizens from carrying, I noticed on MCRGO's website of places banning firearms was Southland Mall and the Gibraltar Trade Center in Taylor. I have been to these places many of times and never seen a No Firearms sign on any of the doors I have used. Is this info outdated, or am I missing something?

jm62383

While we are talking about places that ban law abiding citizens from carrying, I noticed on MCRGO's website of places banning firearms was Southland Mall and the Gibraltar Trade Center in Taylor. I have been to these places many of times and never seen a No Firearms sign on any of the doors I have used. Is this info outdated, or am I missing something?

They also have Heritage landing in muskegon listed but im pretty sure thats a county owned park.

Last edited:

paul4864

God damn it. There goes our carry rights at GLX.
Thats not going to happen GLC allows you to open carry and carry with a ccw unless you are stupid and are not a responsible gun owner and like to wave it around like a fool. There is no signs posting that you cant carry a gun, they follow the law to the letter on this.

stainless1911

Banned
Thats not going to happen GLC allows you to open carry and carry with a ccw unless you are stupid and are not a responsible gun owner and like to wave it around like a fool. There is no signs posting that you cant carry a gun, they follow the law to the letter on this.

Yep.

Welcome to OCDO Grand Blanc is only a couple miles from me. Glad you're out there.