Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming soon to a legislator's office near you.

Coming soon to a legislator's office near you.

http://www.lonestarcdl.org/

Their first order of business will be unlicensed open carry.

OOH RAH!!!!

These guys have inside tracks to some LEOs and legislators.

I'll let you know when they open shop. No members fees, just donations.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

sounds like a good idea but wasn't this tried before?

Not by this group of awesome guys. Not that it matters. This is a different group of people, fighting in a different era, against a different set of obstacles. This group might have similar goals as past groups, but they should not be compared with each other. For example, the recent supreme court rulings put wind into the sails of this group, past groups did not have this advantage. The growing acceptability of firearms and OC is a another benefit this group has that past groups did not. Again, this group faces different challenges and possesses different abilities than past groups.

Campaign Veteran
    The logo looks really cool!!

Just joined this forum today, very glad to see this!
    "I'm your huckleberry..."
    I would like to see every woman know how to handle [firearms] as naturally as they know how to handle babies. - Annie Oakley
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
    Ronald Reagan

kittyhawk63
    Quote Originally Posted by TXgirl4OC View Post
    Just joined this forum today, very glad to see this!
    Hi ya Texas gal. Born and raised Texan talking at cha. Welcome to the forum. You can learn a lot by reading the posts. Make sure you read all the "stickies." Those are the posts at the top of the other posts.

Welcome aboard. Keep us posted on how things are your way and your experiences of Open Carrying. We all learn from each other.
    kittyhawk63
    Last edited by kittyhawk63; 10-27-2010 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jecsd1 View Post
    sounds like a good idea but wasn't this tried before?
    Yes, but the guy handling it was actually much too busy and neglected it to the point that it was benign. When he finally answered my PM (about a month) about if he was going to cash the check I had sent him for a donation, he said no, that he was shutting it down. That was Texas Citizen's Defense League or TXCDL.

These guys are much different. They are a dedicated bunch of individuals and are going all out. They even made a trip to Arizona to visit with, and will have ongoing help from the very effective Arizona Citizen's Defense League (yep, the group that pushed Constitutional carry through Az legislature).
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Thing are looking up rodbender. Your right that other guy was trying to do it alone and that just was not cutting it. Can not wait to get involve with these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyhawk63 View Post
    Hi ya Texas gal. Born and raised Texan talking at cha. Welcome to the forum. You can learn a lot by reading the posts. Make sure you read all the "stickies." Those are the posts at the top of the other posts.

Welcome aboard. Keep us posted on how things are your way and your experiences of Open Carrying. We all learn from each other.
    kittyhawk63

Thank you kindly for the welcome and advice from a fellow Texan kittyhawk, much appreciated!
    I would like to see every woman know how to handle [firearms] as naturally as they know how to handle babies. - Annie Oakley
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
    Ronald Reagan

From one grassroots organization member (VCDL www.vcdl.org ) to another, let me add my congratulations and best wishes. VCDL started off with around 5 guys and discretionary issue concealed weapon permits. In less than 2 years we had shall-issue concealed handgun permits. (Yeah, we lost a few items, but in the long run it was worth it.)

It's about numbers and dedication and enthusiasm. There are more members of VCDL than there are members of the Virginia Medical Association. Legislators listen to numbers. They also respond and react to seeing live bodies in front of them. Watch the video from 2009 http://vimeo.com/2908169 and count the number of orange GUNS SAVE LIVES stickers.

Good luck.

stay safe.

After voting yesterday, I walked over to the Sheriff's office and talked with our sheriff. After telling him what we are doing, and before I could even get the words out of my mouth to define "constitutional carry", he said "I think that anyone that can afford a gun should be able to carry in any way they want to. Everybody should be packing. The criminals already are." His opinion is that constitutional carry will gain support with a vast majority of Texans. He told me to e-mail him as soon as the website was up and he would sign up for a membership.

It'll pass. It'll just take the people's support. And by all means, we don't need to tread on each other at the same time telling the government "Don't Tread On Me".

I like your Sheriff.

Good man, your Sheriff.

I already have a few people here in the Arlington area waiting on that website to be up and running!
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    http://www.lonestarcdl.org/

Their first order of business will be unlicensed open carry.

OOH RAH!!!!

These guys have inside tracks to some LEOs and legislators.

I'll let you know when they open shop. No members fees, just donations.
    I can donate programming talent if you need it. I've been programming for 30 years, and have been doing C#/ASP.Net/Silverlight programming for the last couple of years.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TXgirl4OC View Post
    Good man, your Sheriff.

I already have a few people here in the Arlington area waiting on that website to be up and running!
    Thanks! We'll need all the support we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
    I can donate programming talent if you need it. I've been programming for 30 years, and have been doing C#/ASP.Net/Silverlight programming for the last couple of years.
    Thanks but we have all of that handled. I might need some help on some future projects though. PM me with your info.

Any News on this? lonestarcdl.org seems to still be showing the "coming soon" page.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by normuser View Post
    Any News on this? lonestarcdl.org seems to still be showing the "coming soon" page.
    It's coming. Been waiting for content. It'll only be one or two more days before the site is live.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    It'll only be one or two more days before the site is live.
    So... ?

Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    So... ?
    So, it's coming. The website will be up. Meanwhile I'm waiting on some needed content. Can't upload an incomplete site. I'm hoping to know more in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    So, it's coming. The website will be up. Meanwhile I'm waiting on some needed content. Can't upload an incomplete site. I'm hoping to know more in the morning.
    I hear ya.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    I emailed my Rep. His response:

We forwarded your email to Representative Kleinschmidt and his response was as follows:
    "I am committed to furthering the goals of the Texas State Rifle Association and NRA, and I will work with those organizations to protect our individual right to carry and possess firearms responsibly. I do want to work within the framework of the plans of these two organizations as much as possible to provide a united front to the public and not cause any unintended setbacks to firearm ownership."
    He does ask that you also provide your ideas to the representatives of those organizations so that we all can be assured of their support for your project. Without their support such a bill has little chance of passing.

If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know
    Thank you for your continued support,
    Jackie Klusmeyer

My email traffic to TSRA:

It will be interesting to see if anyone is interested after last sessions one attempt.

We have our major agenda issues but I'll keep my ears open.

Alice
    -----Original Message-----
    To: AGTripp@aol.com
    Sent: Wed, Nov 10, 2010 3:37 pm
    Subject: Open Carry
    Ms Tripp,Just a little note to ask where we might stand on getting some advancement on the OC issue. I understand it's a sensitive issue, and needs to be worked incrementally. I hope we might be able to advance licensed OC in most places where you can CC.
    Respectfully,
    Pete XXXXXX

I think we can help make this happen by hammering TSRA at the same time we hammer our reps. If we're as loud as these small groups of leftist malcontents who seem to have gotten everything they want, I think we'll get this done.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    I emailed my Rep. His response:

We forwarded your email to Representative Kleinschmidt and his response was as follows:
    "I am committed to furthering the goals of the Texas State Rifle Association and NRA, and I will work with those organizations to protect our individual right to carry and possess firearms responsibly. I do want to work within the framework of the plans of these two organizations as much as possible to provide a united front to the public and not cause any unintended setbacks to firearm ownership."
    He does ask that you also provide your ideas to the representatives of those organizations so that we all can be assured of their support for your project. Without their support such a bill has little chance of passing.

If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know
    Thank you for your continued support,
    Jackie Klusmeyer

My email traffic to TSRA:

It will be interesting to see if anyone is interested after last sessions one attempt.

We have our major agenda issues but I'll keep my ears open.

Alice
    -----Original Message-----
    To: AGTripp@aol.com
    Sent: Wed, Nov 10, 2010 3:37 pm
    Subject: Open Carry
    Ms Tripp,Just a little note to ask where we might stand on getting some advancement on the OC issue. I understand it's a sensitive issue, and needs to be worked incrementally. I hope we might be able to advance licensed OC in most places where you can CC.
    Respectfully,
    Pete XXXXXX

I think we can help make this happen by hammering TSRA at the same time we hammer our reps. If we're as loud as these small groups of leftist malcontents who seem to have gotten everything they want, I think we'll get this done.
    "Licensed" OC? WTF is that? That's the same thing we have now - having to BUY our rights back. That's is completely unacceptable.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
    "Licensed" OC? WTF is that? That's the same thing we have now - having to BUY our rights back. That's is completely unacceptable.
    Try OC'ing with a CHL right now, and then get back to us so we can set up your legal defense fund.

We can't get everything we want in one shot. As I've pointed out before, the fascists have been chipping away our right since the 1920's. We have managed to reverse this trend since the 1980's, it will have to be done in increments just like everything else. We're still making progress, so don't get discouraged if we only get licensed OC. In the 83rd Legislature we can push for more.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Could someone PLEASE explain to me why anyone would think licensed Open Carry would be accepted more than the "Constitutional Right" Open Carry would?
    Do people with CHL license walk around with their card displayed for all the gun haters to see.
    Would licensed Open Carry make anyone of the " Anti " community feel better. Are you going to walk around with a sign saying" I have a gun on my hip for my self defense, but I have a license for it"?
    License or not, the anti gun people will still be against anything involving Your 2nd Amendment Right!
    The only thing that is important is the people who will make the effort to enforce your Constitutional Right. People who are against the Constitutional Rights of Texans make no difference at all.
    Your Constitutional Rights do Not have a section for Liberal Compromise!
    See for yourself; http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Am2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast