• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Coming soon to a legislator's office near you.

Jack House

Not by this group of awesome guys. Not that it matters. This is a different group of people, fighting in a different era, against a different set of obstacles. This group might have similar goals as past groups, but they should not be compared with each other. For example, the recent supreme court rulings put wind into the sails of this group, past groups did not have this advantage. The growing acceptability of firearms and OC is a another benefit this group has that past groups did not. Again, this group faces different challenges and possesses different abilities than past groups.

K

kittyhawk63

Just joined this forum today, very glad to see this!

Hi ya Texas gal. Born and raised Texan talking at cha. Welcome to the forum. You can learn a lot by reading the posts. Make sure you read all the "stickies." Those are the posts at the top of the other posts.

Welcome aboard. Keep us posted on how things are your way and your experiences of Open Carrying. We all learn from each other.
kittyhawk63

Last edited:

rodbender

sounds like a good idea but wasn't this tried before?

Yes, but the guy handling it was actually much too busy and neglected it to the point that it was benign. When he finally answered my PM (about a month) about if he was going to cash the check I had sent him for a donation, he said no, that he was shutting it down. That was Texas Citizen's Defense League or TXCDL.

These guys are much different. They are a dedicated bunch of individuals and are going all out. They even made a trip to Arizona to visit with, and will have ongoing help from the very effective Arizona Citizen's Defense League (yep, the group that pushed Constitutional carry through Az legislature).

CrossFire

Thing are looking up rodbender. Your right that other guy was trying to do it alone and that just was not cutting it. Can not wait to get involve with these guys.

TXgirl4OC

Hi ya Texas gal. Born and raised Texan talking at cha. Welcome to the forum. You can learn a lot by reading the posts. Make sure you read all the "stickies." Those are the posts at the top of the other posts.

Welcome aboard. Keep us posted on how things are your way and your experiences of Open Carrying. We all learn from each other.
kittyhawk63

Thank you kindly for the welcome and advice from a fellow Texan kittyhawk, much appreciated!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
From one grassroots organization member (VCDL www.vcdl.org ) to another, let me add my congratulations and best wishes. VCDL started off with around 5 guys and discretionary issue concealed weapon permits. In less than 2 years we had shall-issue concealed handgun permits. (Yeah, we lost a few items, but in the long run it was worth it.)

It's about numbers and dedication and enthusiasm. There are more members of VCDL than there are members of the Virginia Medical Association. Legislators listen to numbers. They also respond and react to seeing live bodies in front of them. Watch the video from 2009 http://vimeo.com/2908169 and count the number of orange GUNS SAVE LIVES stickers.

Good luck.

stay safe.

Fisherman

After voting yesterday, I walked over to the Sheriff's office and talked with our sheriff. After telling him what we are doing, and before I could even get the words out of my mouth to define "constitutional carry", he said "I think that anyone that can afford a gun should be able to carry in any way they want to. Everybody should be packing. The criminals already are." His opinion is that constitutional carry will gain support with a vast majority of Texans. He told me to e-mail him as soon as the website was up and he would sign up for a membership.

It'll pass. It'll just take the people's support. And by all means, we don't need to tread on each other at the same time telling the government "Don't Tread On Me". ;)

TXgirl4OC

Good man, your Sheriff.

I already have a few people here in the Arlington area waiting on that website to be up and running!

jsimmons

http://www.lonestarcdl.org/

Their first order of business will be unlicensed open carry.

OOH RAH!!!!

These guys have inside tracks to some LEOs and legislators.

I'll let you know when they open shop. No members fees, just donations.

I can donate programming talent if you need it. I've been programming for 30 years, and have been doing C#/ASP.Net/Silverlight programming for the last couple of years.

Fisherman

I can donate programming talent if you need it. I've been programming for 30 years, and have been doing C#/ASP.Net/Silverlight programming for the last couple of years.

Thanks but we have all of that handled. I might need some help on some future projects though. PM me with your info.