• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man With Gun Arrested At Chicago O'Hare

budlight

Somebody for got to check their gun in....

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/25497152/detail.html

CHICAGO -- A judge ordered a Michigan man held on $25,000 bail after he allegedly tried to board an airplane in Chicago with a loaded handgun.

Bond was set Sunday for 67-year-old Francis Cook IV of Delton, Mich., a day after Chicago police say he tried to board a plane at O'Hare International Airport.

Police say a .380-semiautomatic handgun was found in Cook's luggage as he was checking it in through an X-ray machine at about 11:30 a.m. Saturday. They say the gun had five live rounds in its magazine and one in the chamber.

Cook was supposed to board an American Airlines flight to Dallas.

He did not speak during a brief hearing at the Cook County Courthouse.

His attorney says Cook is a military veteran.

bobthegunslinger

Somebody for got to check their gun in....

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/25497152/detail.html

CHICAGO -- A judge ordered a Michigan man held on $25,000 bail after he allegedly tried to board an airplane in Chicago with a loaded handgun.

Bond was set Sunday for 67-year-old Francis Cook IV of Delton, Mich., a day after Chicago police say he tried to board a plane at O'Hare International Airport.

Police say a .380-semiautomatic handgun was found in Cook's luggage as he was checking it in through an X-ray machine at about 11:30 a.m. Saturday. They say the gun had five live rounds in its magazine and one in the chamber.

Cook was supposed to board an American Airlines flight to Dallas.

He did not speak during a brief hearing at the Cook County Courthouse.

His attorney says Cook is a military veteran.

poor old sob!just an honest mistake from an old guy who served his country!

JoeSparky

Centurion
So, I am confused. Was this loaded firearm in a bag he was ATTEMPTING to check to be carried UNDER the plane or in a CARRY ON bag?

If the firearm was in a bag he was attempting to check he has a potential for an easier time BUT THE POWERS THAT BE WILL STILL TRY TO MAKE AN EXAMPLE OF HIM.

T Vance

•(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

CharleyMarbles

•(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

What's with you T vance ??? are you trying to be sombody???

budlight

Wow...I have seen this posted three times tonight, I think I have it memorized now.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
There is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out a rules violation, fellas.

This forum is largely self-moderated; the owners can only do so much.

T Vance is doing the right thing.

PDinDetroit

I encourage anyone that finds a thread/post to be "out of line" with the Forum Rules to utilize the "!" inside the triangle icon to report the thread/post to the Admins of this site. Mike (one of the Admins) has expressed to me that this is preferred method, as the information gets to him quicker than just a Private Message (PM) and allows him to perform the role of Admin better.

budlight

There is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out a rules violation, fellas.

This forum is largely self-moderated; the owners can only do so much.

T Vance is doing the right thing.

It's one thing for people to help police this forum, but when someone posts the SAME thing on 5 or more topics it's a little over board.

Jack House

Getting back on topic...

Airport security is a joke, hope the man is able to escape crucifixion.