Thread: City of Edgewood covers up "No Firearms" on sign at entrance to park

City of Edgewood covers up "No Firearms" on sign at entrance to park

I sent them an email about it and it took a few weeks, but this was a small win none-the-less. I wanted to get a picture of the newly taped over sign, but it was raining hard today and I had a S&W 1911PD on my hip and no camera. Soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
    I sent them an email about it and it took a few weeks, but this was a small win none-the-less. I wanted to get a picture of the newly taped over sign, but it was raining hard today and I had a S&W 1911PD on my hip and no camera. Soon though.
    Good for you!! I need to do the same thing here in Renton. I was in a park next to the Cedar River and the sign listed prohibited things, among them "Fireworks/Firearms." I will inquire this week with the City where I should send the email, or perhaps a letter.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

I know the one you'e talking about, I used to live in Renton and walked my dog there a couple of times. Hopefully Renton will be as responsive as Edgewood was, but the bigger the bureaucracy the longer it seems to take.

Way to go cougfan, I'm in Edgewood as well. Good to see the signs get corrected.

Good job. It feels good to be able to stand up for your rights doesn't it.

good job!

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    There are still no firearms signs in Pioneer Square Park, Westlake Center Park and inside Link Light Rail cars....
    Last edited by trevorthebusdriver; 10-25-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trevorthebusdriver View Post
    There are still no firearms signs in Pioneer Square Park, Westlake Center Park and inside Link Light Rail cars....
    Take pictures of them with time/date stamp and mail them to the Judge that gave Seattle 30 days to remove them.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Cool singns on the LLR have been discussed

I believe, if memory serves me correctly, the signs on the LLR refer to the prohibition of "illegal" weapons

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5jeffro7 View Post
    I believe, if memory serves me correctly, the signs on the LLR refer to the prohibition of "illegal" weapons
    Nope. On the platforms it talks of illegal weapons, inside the cars it says no firearms.
    Tried to find old post with pix but it came up" imported post admin, only" or something like that.
    T