• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cracking up, David King ... No Quarter from Daniel Bice MKE JSonline.com

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/noquarter/105647983.html
Danile Bice said:
Cracking up

David King, the self-described apostle and tea party candidate for secretary of state, has had his share of issues - a 2003 bankruptcy, a couple of unpaid civil judgments and a nonprofit that isn't registered with the state or feds.

But the Milwaukee minister has built a following with his fiery rhetoric at public events throughout the state. Recently, however, the GOP nominee went a little far in one of his talks.

No Quarter has obtained the audio of King's talk at the Open Carry Picnic on the St. Croix County Fairgrounds in Glenwood City on Aug. 22. In it, he describes "fake preachers" as those who promise listeners money, a spouse or healing.

"A fake preacher is then like a fake politician because they'll tell you what they think you want to hear," King said. "Everybody's sick and tired of the ObamaCare. Everybody is sick and tired of crackhead (Gov. Jim) Doyle doing what he's been doing. Everybody is sick and tired of what the Democrats have done to us, how they snuck in the $5 million in taxes in 72 hours. Everybody is sick and tired of that."

Crackhead Doyle?

What does that even mean?

Contacted last week, King declined to answer questions about the speech. "Have a good day," he said before hanging up. He is challenging incumbent Doug La Follette.

Back on Aug. 22, though, King tweeted about attending the gathering of gun owners.

"Good morning everyone in Black River Falls on my way to Glenwood City for the open carry, and I will be packing. Hope to see you there!!!!!"