• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Scott Walker

M

McX

he supports 2nd amendment rights, and has a thang for CC. At the expense of OC is what remains to be seen.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Asked and answered here several times.

Walker will sign a direct repeal of the ban on CCW. Walker will also sign a new bureaucracy, thousands of new state employees, millions in new taxes, "permit to carry" bill as well. He will sign what he gets.

The better question is, will your local representative sponsor/co-sponsor legislation to REPEAL 941.23 (the ban on concealed carry)?

Spartacus

Banned

Walker will sign a direct repeal of the ban on CCW. Walker will also sign a new bureaucracy, thousands of new state employees, millions in new taxes, "permit to carry" bill as well. He will sign what he gets.

The better question is, will your local representative sponsor/co-sponsor legislation to REPEAL 941.23 (the ban on concealed carry)?

Right there is where the rubber meets the road.

Instead of riling everybody up to call and email their legislators, someone should calmly and quietly be identifying those incumbents or shoo-in candidates who would be willing to do this. All it takes is a couple of friendly legislators to get the bill out of the gate as fast as possible after Neumann takes office.

SprayAndPray

I spoke with 3 R's running for state assembly at a political rally held at my employer. All 3 said they would vote for a permit system , all 3 also said they would vote to repeal 941 UNTIL I explained that repealing 941 WAS NOT a permit system, but would alow anyone to carry concealed without a permit , at which point ALL 3 changed their tune and said they would not feel comfortable voting for that......

I think you have a much bigger fight the you expect getting 941 repealed "where the rubber meets the road"

Politicians are wired to say yes to get your vote, You have to be VERY SPACIFIC and explain EXACTLY what you are asking, Many times they change their mind then

J.Gleason

Banned
I spoke with 3 R's running for state assembly at a political rally held at my employer. All 3 said they would vote for a permit system , all 3 also said they would vote to repeal 941 UNTIL I explained that repealing 941 WAS NOT a permit system, but would alow anyone to carry concealed without a permit , at which point ALL 3 changed their tune and said they would not feel comfortable voting for that......

I think you have a much bigger fight the you expect getting 941 repealed "where the rubber meets the road"

Politicians are wired to say yes to get your vote, You have to be VERY SPACIFIC and explain EXACTLY what you are asking, Many times they change their mind then

That's because they are all professional liars.

Spartacus

Banned

You are absolutely correct.

I already know whats coming down the pike for us but its not a popular subject here... permitting and mandated training no matter what the republican party has put into their mission statement.

Seeing that this probably going to be the case, then the best possible path would seem to be to work with one or two friendlies to craft the least obnoxious legislation possible and to get it to Walker's desk as quickly as possible before he signs something that gives away the farm.

J.Gleason

Banned
You are absolutely correct.

I already know whats coming down the pike for us but its not a popular subject here... permitting and mandated training no matter what the republican party has put into their mission statement.

Seeing that this probably going to be the case, then the best possible path would seem to be to work with one or two friendlies to craft the least obnoxious legislation possible and to get it to Walker's desk as quickly as possible before he signs something that gives away the farm.

And that would be a repeal of 941.23

I say that any Republican candidate that does not follow through with the Platform as written should face an immediate recall!

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
http://www.legis.state.wi.us/lrb/pubs/feature/legispro.pdf

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/lrb/bb/03bb/253-257.pdf

It only takes ONE legislator to introduce a bill.

Can we find ONE legislator to introduce a repeal of 941.23????

I'm sure we can.

That bill then likely goes to committee. The chairperson of that committee who is a member of the majority party decides to take action on it or not. Now you have a PERSON to hold accountable for the bill living or dying in committee. You now have person to contact to GET the committee to take action.

Do we have several hundred people willing to contact that legislator whomever it is (part of the majority party) and demand action on the bill?

Yes we do.

Does WCI have thousands of people hungry for conceal carry that we can blast an email to to get them to contact that chairperson.

Yes we do.

If they refuse to take action, blast emails will go around to thousands of WCI members all across the state that THAT legislator voted against your right to conceal carry. Do you think in the current less-government/more freedom political environment anyone in Madison wants to be labeled as the one that killed conceal carry?

If the chairperson takes action on the bill, do we have hundreds of people willing to show up to hearings?

Yes we do.

We will also know exactly who is on the committee to make contact with.

If they kill the bill, they will be the legislators who can be held accountable for killing a bill that would allow all those hungry for CC to CC.

If they send the bill to the floor of a republican controlled assembly/senate for a vote how many republicans will buck the party platform (no permit) AND kill a bill that will allow people their long sought after right to CC?

I'd like to hear anyone spell out a logical analysis of why a repeal of 941.23 is not PLAUSIBLE given this legislative process and the current political environment?

How could conditions be any more incubating?

-less government is overwhelmingly the sentiment now and there will likely be a large shift in control of our statehouses with freedom minded candidates sweeping into office displacing incumbents.
-recent in-state decisions by DA Gerald Fox not to prosecute CC
-Clark County judge ruling CC prohibition is unconstitutional
-WI Republican Party changed its platform to recognize no-permit right to CC
-Landmark supreme court rulings affirming right to carry is a fundamental right
-overwhelming support for CC in the public
-A very active carry rights organization to mobilize the effort.
-A governor who has promised to sign a repeal of 941.23 if it gets to his desk.

I'm not saying its a shoo-in but anyone who says there isn't a plausible shot at getting a repeal of 941.23 either lacks judgement, or perhaps doesn't REALLY believe in non-permit right to carry. (in my humble opinion of course)

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
lacks judgement, or perhaps doesn't REALLY believe in non-permit right to carry.

I'm not saying its a shoo-in but anyone who says there isn't a plausible shot at getting a repeal of 941.23 either lacks judgement, or perhaps doesn't REALLY believe in non-permit right to carry. (in my humble opinion of course)

Exactly!! So maybe the forum naysayer is in need of a "verbal Tune-up" to get him/her in-line with the goals we need to meet.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Exactly!! So maybe the forum naysayer is in need of a "verbal Tune-up" to get him/her in-line with the goals we need to meet.

I don't think we should be focusing on individuals, I think we should be preparing ourselves for a post election action plan.

This forum has enough guys who constantly want to clash over personality issues. Lets stick to the movement.

M

McX

we need to hold the 'publicans we get in to their party's platform, not their individual rendition of it they use for garnering votes. if they get in they got in with our help. time to return the favor.

Spartacus

Banned

I have no problem with a repeal of 941.23 and thank you Nik for laying out a game plan for achieving that goal. It will be important to keep reminding your membership of what needs to be done timely.

I am however a pragmatist first and foremost and in war it is good to have a fallback position. I'm not sure how that would be accomplished if we put all of our eggs in the Unrestricted Carry basket though. If we don't get it, its going to be a long haul of lawsuits to get back to square one. The upside will be that we will have concealed carry in whatever form it takes as long as they don't mess with our OC rights.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
If a repeal of 941.23 gets shot down, it is and has been WCI's position since our founding that WCI will, at the end of the day support ANY conceal carry bill that expands the opportunities of Wisconsinites to carry concealed so long as it doesn't sacrifice the rights we already have.

We'll take any step forward, even a baby step, and then continue the ultimate fight to get non-permit CC.

I do believe from the political realities today, in addition to the groups across SE Wisconsin I've spoke to, that there is broad support for a non-permit CC reality in Wisconsin.

If we don't ask for it, we'll never get it. We can always fall back on a shall issue permit system this legislative session and work to a non-permit system in the future. If nothing else, I'm VERY eager to know which politicians think registration and more taxes are what you should have to exercise a fundamental constitutional right.

Without a doubt, if repeal of 941.23 fails and we end up with a shall-issue system as soon as people start getting their renewals for the CC weapon license and have to pay more fee's and jump through whatever other hoops a shall issue law puts in place just to stay legal to partake in the same behavior a day later they were legally allowed to the day before, they'll realize the folly of shall-issue permits.

J.Gleason

Banned
In reality if we can not find a legislator to act on this the courts will act on it and the laws will be found unconstitutional ending with the same result.

I have sent a PM to Hubert with the name of a candidate that will most assuredly begin the push for a repeal of 941.23. Whether or not WCI choses to approach this individual or not will remain to be seen. He is only just one who would be interested, although I do believe he would hold one of the strongest interests as well.

While approaching as individuals will put a "bug in their ear," approaching as a group with a large membership will get more attention.

It was just last fall that the NRA liaison Jordan Austin said we should let the NRA handle this. Nothing was accomplished.
He also said we as individuals were hurting the cause by individually contacting our legislators.
Since the NRA really has no interest in OC, we should push past them and take over the reigns. Starting with a Candidate who will without a doubt help us in our fight.
Even better an incumbent that will start the process before the election so the bill to repeal 941.23 will be signed by Walker as soon as he takes office.

Last edited: