• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Kansas City Star

Jim40Cal

I have been contacted by a reporter from the K.C Star that wants to attend one of our meetings. He wants to know when and where? We need to have a nice group attend and a nice place to meet at. I never expected the guy to accept my invitation so help me out guys. James

Big Boy

Sounds wonderful, thanks for reaching out to him. We should have another meeting soon so he can attend.

Jim40Cal

The reporter contacted me again today and says he's still in. So before he loses interest we need to decide on a date and time. I did mention Logan's to him but location probably doesn't matter to him.
I think it would be nice if we picked a spokesman for the group as I'm not good at this kinda thing. I have asked him when was a good time for him to meet with us but he doesn't give me an answer so guess time and date doesn't matter to him.

ChiangShih

We already have the palaza starbucks meeting set (Nov. 6 at 4:00) . It is also a pretty notable setting in KC. Just a thought.

ChiangShih

Just my two cents. I would rather do Logans than messing with downtown KC. Like I said, just my opinion.

Logan's isn't a bad idea; however, the meeting at Starbucks is already in place with several people planning to attend. The Plaza District is also iconic to KC (and more liberal) with an outside deck. This is why I chose to set up the monthly Starbucks meeting. We'd be more visible to the public than a booth indoors. My friend and I also OC at the plaza quite often and have met with the local KCPD officers and Plaza Public Safety and explained what OC is and why we OC. Either way, I'll be more than happy to attend the Logans meeting if everyone decides not to use the Starbucks meeting. Just let me know when and where. We should get the good word out either way, and try to make it print-worthy for the KCStar.

mobodyguard

cant do nov 6 some of us are doin a open carry at starbucks on the plaza the same day and time but if we rather do that thats fine with me, im also with chiang shih about doin something or to be seen on the outside

Last edited:

ChiangShih

Ok,,let's shoot for Nov the 6th at 4:00. Now, who wants Logans? Who wants the plaza? If anyone has a better idea speak up, Thanks

Yeah that is the same time as the Starbucks meet. I personally wouldn't mind the location change if everyone wills it, but I wouldn't want anyone to be out of the loop and show up at the starbucks if the location is changed now, as the thread was started 2 weeks ago on both the MO and the KS side of the forum to meet at the starbucks. Also, as I said before, and if I come off a bit pushy I apologize, the Plaza being iconic to KC, it is all about politics. More people will see the OC movement, many of the people that can afford to frequent the plaza are people of influence in the city, plus it gives a better backdrop for the KCStar. OCers at the Plaza! catches more eyes than OCers at a restaurant in independence. That is just my opinion on the matter, not that I don't like Logans, they had great nachos.

Jim40Cal

I picked that time and date because we were already to meet on that date. Two people had mentioned Logan's so I just changed the location. If you all want the plaza its fine with me. Let me know soon if this is alright with everyone.

randyj

I will be a team player...

Although I prefer Logan's because of convenience/traffic etc...I can make Starbucks. Just won't be able to stay long.

I will go ahead and change my vote for Starbucks on Saturday, Nov 6th at 4pm.

As far as a spokesman...I vote for Peter. He's outgoing and knowledgable, married with lots of kids...I see him being able to touch upon quite a few issues, as well as some very interesting encounters that he can relate, that other people might be able to relate to as well.

We have many folks in our group who would do a great job as well....but since we're running a bit short on time...I thought I would throw Peter's name out there, if he's in a position to fill that role that day.

Just my .02 for what it's worth.

Big Boy

Starbucks isn't necessarily a bad idea.

Still enough time to be ready for it but still soon enough to get it done.

Last edited: