• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sam's Club?

5jeffro7

It's literally so seldom I'm on here anymore, and having had the board changed, I can't find anything.....

Has anyone elved into sams club policy on open carry? I'm disliking the whole costco scenario & have the ability to get a sams club card for no charge....

my thoughts are that since walmart & sams are basically part of the same corporation, sams should be like walmart & abide by the laws of the state, but I know stranger things have happened....

what ever happened to the "oc friendly businesses" thread..wasn't it stickied?

Jeff

phoneguy

Welcome back Jeff, Sams Club is like Walmart. They go by state laws. Feel free to OC there.

Last edited:

SpyderTattoo

I had a Sam's Club membership for quite a while and always OC'd in there. Never had a problem. There were even a couple of times when other customers made "nice gun, what kind is that?" comments.

Which riminds me... Ever been open carrying somewhere when someone approaches you and makes positive comments to you about OC, then they tell you that they have their CPL and open their jacket or lift their shirt to show you their gun?

Something I keep reading on other pro-gun forums, "concealed means concealed". Guess some guys don't really believe that.

Deleted_User

I had a Sam's Club membership for quite a while and always OC'd in there. Never had a problem. There were even a couple of times when other customers made "nice gun, what kind is that?" comments.

Which riminds me... Ever been open carrying somewhere when someone approaches you and makes positive comments to you about OC, then they tell you that they have their CPL and open their jacket or lift their shirt to show you their gun?

Something I keep reading on other pro-gun forums, "concealed means concealed". Guess some guys don't really believe that.

+1 I've run into this twice. I simply inform them that unless they plan on using it, they should cover it up or someone might get scared :)

sirpuma

I OC in Sam's Club. I even told the girl at the customer service counter when we joined that the reason we were switching from Costco to Sam's Club was because of Walmart corporate policy on firearms. She smiled at me and said thank you.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

Countless times. And on the steps of the state capitol in Olympia nontheless.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
welcome back
take a look at www.friendorfoe.us, its easier to update. Plug in a zip code or city and hit enter.

I have to wonder how accurate this website is. Costco at 2219 S 37th St., Tacoma is listed as being OC friendly. So are IKEA in Renton and the Olive Garden in Tacoma.

We know that all three of these are notoriously anti-gun.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I have to wonder how accurate this website is. Costco at 2219 S 37th St., Tacoma is listed as being OC friendly. So are IKEA in Renton and the Olive Garden in Tacoma.

I've had no problems with OC in Bellingham's Olive Garden.

Bill Starks

State Researcher

I put in 2 of those sites, so at some point someone has updated them to be friendly (our friends with the anti-gun agenda??) I'll contact the site owner and let him know what is happening and maybe he can some sort of a lock.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
just got this from the owner of the FriendorFoe site. In Washington, someone took several "foe" sites and changed them to "friendly." Antigunners? a mistake? we don't know but I asked Chris if there was a way to require reversals with some sort of explanation. here's his email reply......

Bill,

First, I'm glad you're using the site and are finding it useful. I've
got several changes planned, and they should help eliminate rating
reversals without justification.

I'd rather not require users to log in or use email verification, as
that would require much more moderation, and until I can get a system
in place to allow others to help out with that sort of approval
process, I simply don't have the time to do it myself. I'm in the
middle of trying to sell our house and packing for the move, so my
time is pretty limited currently.

I'm thinking about adding a 'report this' link to the business popup
in the meantime, until I can get the other modifications in place.
Also, I'll take a look at the database and see if anything looks fishy
(multiple positive reviews at about the same time, etc) and let you
know.

I'm sure we can sort this out soon.

Thanks,
Chris

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Okay. NOW I feel like an idiot. I neglected to click on the business name and didn't see that all three are rated negatively.

:uhoh:

amzbrady

just got this from the owner of the FriendorFoe site. In Washington, someone took several "foe" sites and changed them to "friendly." Antigunners? a mistake? we don't know but I asked Chris if there was a way to require reversals with some sort of explanation. here's his email reply......

Bill,

First, I'm glad you're using the site and are finding it useful. I've
got several changes planned, and they should help eliminate rating
reversals without justification.

I'd rather not require users to log in or use email verification, as
that would require much more moderation, and until I can get a system
in place to allow others to help out with that sort of approval
process, I simply don't have the time to do it myself. I'm in the
middle of trying to sell our house and packing for the move, so my
time is pretty limited currently.

I'm thinking about adding a 'report this' link to the business popup
in the meantime, until I can get the other modifications in place.
Also, I'll take a look at the database and see if anything looks fishy
(multiple positive reviews at about the same time, etc) and let you
know.

I'm sure we can sort this out soon.

Thanks,
Chris

A search feature for finding a store by name would be awesome...