Thread: Forum going offline?

Forum going offline?

Has the forum been going offline as of late, or is it just something funky going on on my end?

I've had OCDO fail to open numerous times recently with no problems with other websites, including non-forum opencarry.org.

Just adding a data point: I've seen no problems here in western Washington (state).
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sultan62 View Post
    Has the forum been going offline as of late, or is it just something funky going on on my end?

I've had OCDO fail to open numerous times recently with no problems with other websites, including non-forum opencarry.org.
    If it is a failure to load/timed out, it is most likely on your end. OCDO forum is a heavy package.

You might try clearing your temporary files and defragging.

My gf's computer which is older (less memory) and slower will hiccup occasionally when loading OCDO or her home page ( a BIG news site). Mine, a quad with mega ram, never misses a beat.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

there has been several times over last couple of days where I would come to the forums and all the the thread info would be crammed into a 2 inch column on the left side rather than spaced correctly across the screen.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    there has been several times over last couple of days where I would come to the forums and all the the thread info would be crammed into a 2 inch column on the left side rather than spaced correctly across the screen.
    That happens when you are at the top of a new thread with the Google ad in the top right.

There is nothing wrong with the program/download. It is how John & Mike pay for the site.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I've got a decent comp, and don't keep temp files.

Also, it is an instant error, though I don't remember which.

It is apparently on my end, but it's very odd since I haven't had any problems in the past with the same computer on the same network.