• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Forum going offline?

sultan62

Has the forum been going offline as of late, or is it just something funky going on on my end?

I've had OCDO fail to open numerous times recently with no problems with other websites, including non-forum opencarry.org.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Has the forum been going offline as of late, or is it just something funky going on on my end?

I've had OCDO fail to open numerous times recently with no problems with other websites, including non-forum opencarry.org.

If it is a failure to load/timed out, it is most likely on your end. OCDO forum is a heavy package.

You might try clearing your temporary files and defragging.

My gf's computer which is older (less memory) and slower will hiccup occasionally when loading OCDO or her home page ( a BIG news site). Mine, a quad with mega ram, never misses a beat.

mrjam2jab

there has been several times over last couple of days where I would come to the forums and all the the thread info would be crammed into a 2 inch column on the left side rather than spaced correctly across the screen.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
there has been several times over last couple of days where I would come to the forums and all the the thread info would be crammed into a 2 inch column on the left side rather than spaced correctly across the screen.

That happens when you are at the top of a new thread with the Google ad in the top right.

There is nothing wrong with the program/download. It is how John & Mike pay for the site.

sultan62

I've got a decent comp, and don't keep temp files.

Also, it is an instant error, though I don't remember which.

It is apparently on my end, but it's very odd since I haven't had any problems in the past with the same computer on the same network.