• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling with firearms.

Coded-Dude

this is also airline specific. I'm pretty sure various airlines have different rules/stipulations, so check with who your traveling with first. Every time I flew I left ammo(which I think is required) at home and bought where I was going to. Declare your firearm when you check in, they will inspect that it is not loaded and you get a nice orange sticker on your bag. Thats pretty much it.

gtparlette

I know the TSA and airline regs. i've traveled with firearms before. i was looking more for any state regs. like new york, if you try to fly with one, just entering the airport with the gun is an felony.

March Hare

this is also airline specific. I'm pretty sure various airlines have different rules/stipulations, so check with who your traveling with first. Every time I flew I left ammo(which I think is required) at home and bought where I was going to. Declare your firearm when you check in, they will inspect that it is not loaded and you get a nice orange sticker on your bag. Thats pretty much it.

I've never had my bags marked in any way, it's my understanding that they are not allowed to mark the bag to indicate that it contains firearms.

Coded-Dude

I usually fly southwest(and have a lay-over somehwere). I was always given a tag. Not that it specifically said firearm, I think it stated that the bag has been inspected and is "safe." This usually only happens when you have to declare something though. Of course its been a while since i have flown with a firearm....