• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boy, 4, shoots mom with shotgun...

ridgerunner98570

I have two grandsons who are four years old. I have no doubts whatsoever that either one of these boys could have done exactly what that 4 year old did. They are smart, and strong. And mimicking Dad and granddad is what they do all day long. J/S. That's why I keep my firearms safely stored, and my service weapon out of reach. Where there is a will, they will find a way.

sudden valley gunner

I would be surprised, and a little bit impressed, if a 4 year old managed to not only load a cartridge but also rack the slide on a shotgun!?!?!

I can see how you might be able to teach a kid to do so... but mine could barely manage TV remotes and legos at 4 years.

Are you kidding, by the time my kids were 3 I had to ask them how to use any electronic devices. :lol:.

Although I think a kid could do it it is again very very fishy, the mom never hear/saw the loading or the sound of the racking?

amlevin

the mom never hear/saw the loading or the sound of the racking?

That part doesn't surprise me. Ever notice the number of people who really aren't here anymore? They're constantly on the cell phone or texting. The other day I was in the grocery store. Some gal was texting and pushing her cart down the aisle. I saw her coming and just stopped at the side of the aisle. She ran her cart right into mine before she noticed I was standing there. Of course there were apology's. I just suggested that she should either shop or Text as she obviously couldn't do both at the same time and moved on.

Todays parents all too often just tune out their young children when they're in the house. They'll be on the phone with someone all day long. The cell phone has allowed them to not loose a word as they go from house to public to back again. The kids just go about their mischief while "mom" is yakking away and unless they see blood, they're oblivious to what's going on.

sudden valley gunner

That part doesn't surprise me. Ever notice the number of people who really aren't here anymore? They're constantly on the cell phone or texting. The other day I was in the grocery store. Some gal was texting and pushing her cart down the aisle. I saw her coming and just stopped at the side of the aisle. She ran her cart right into mine before she noticed I was standing there. Of course there were apology's. I just suggested that she should either shop or Text as she obviously couldn't do both at the same time and moved on.

Todays parents all too often just tune out their young children when they're in the house. They'll be on the phone with someone all day long. The cell phone has allowed them to not loose a word as they go from house to public to back again. The kids just go about their mischief while "mom" is yakking away and unless they see blood, they're oblivious to what's going on.

Yea you got a point there. Lack of parenting and situational awareness when it comes to children is rampant.