• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Banned at Gun Show in Kennewick

cbpeck

Loaded Firearm Not Allowed in Gun Show

I attended a gun show organized by Sports Connection (based in Park City, MT) this past weekend, Oct 23-24, at the Red Lion Hotel in Kennewick, WA. The man at the door, who apparently organizes and runs the show would not let me enter because I was OCing. When asked why, he gave me a line about CCers who in the past have pulled their gun to show another guy and then it goes "bang."

His show, his rules. I'll respect that. I walked around with an unloaded, zip-tied holstered gun while I was there. I would've had a longer discussion with the guy about it, but there was a line forming behind me and he wasn't receptive to hearing the spiel anyway.

HOWEVER, There were several vendors at the show CCing and probably several customers as well. He made no attempt to enforce his rule with them. There was no sign posted and he wasn't asking everybody if they were CCing. He just stopped the one guy who was OCing.

The show was very small and probably not worth the $6 entry fee anyway.

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
"Loaded Firearm Not Allowed in Gun Show"

Your title should problem read "Loaded Firearm Not Allowed in Gun Show" as you carried your pistol according to your account as would one who concealed carry.

This is normal in any gun show that I have attended in Washington State, not an open carry issue.

Last edited:

cbpeck

I agree... however my frustration was that the show organizer wasn't doing anything to prevent CC. His policy seemed inconsistent.

In hind sight,
maybe I'm being a little too sensitive to the issue.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I agree... however my frustration was that the show organizer wasn't doing anything to prevent CC. His policy seemed inconsistent.

In hind sight,
maybe I'm being a little too sensitive to the issue.

They have signage at the entrance of these gun shows requiring no loaded firearms inside and have to be cleared and zip tied.
What are the options, patting down everyone?

xxx.jakk.xxx

They have signage at the entrance of these gun shows requiring no loaded firearms inside and have to be cleared and zip tied.

Seems like the responsible thing to do since his reasoning was that CCers caused the problem.

cbpeck

Of course I'm not advocating for pat downs.

This show had no such signage.

I didn't really mind having my gun zip tied. It was more that I was being told to while anybody who CCed wouldn't have been told by a person or sign not to do so. Again, no sign, and several people were CCing inside.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Of course I'm not advocating for pat downs.

This show had no such signage.

I didn't really mind having my gun zip tied. It was more that I was being told to while anybody who CCed wouldn't have been told by a person or sign not to do so. Again, no sign, and several people were CCing inside.

Yes I did miss the No Sign portion of your post, I was responding to my past experience at that gun show and in Yakima.
The issue would be loaded firearms in the gun show and no membership required to boot.
I agree I am not impressed with the gun shows there as well as so many over priced items when you can go to the local gun store or walmart and by ammo cheaper.

joejoejoe

I went to the Portland gun show the other weekend and they zip tied our guns up as well. A few of the booth owners were OCing without zip ties, and of course, the police were OCing without zip ties. I was kinda upset that we had to be zip tied. However, I do not fear for my life at a gun show. There is an arsenal to choose from should anything go down (including axes!).

Joe~

cbpeck

I went to the Portland gun show the other weekend and they zip tied our guns up as well. A few of the booth owners were OCing without zip ties, and of course, the police were OCing without zip ties. I was kinda upset that we had to be zip tied. However, I do not fear for my life at a gun show. There is an arsenal to choose from should anything go down (including axes!).

Joe~

+1

Batousaii

Joe~

+2
(Puyallup show though)

Last edited: