• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mom armed son, 12, with BB gun, knife to fight bullies: cops Read more: http://www.n

Coded-Dude

A Connecticut mother has been jailed for arming her 12-year-old son with a BB gun and knife so he could fend off bullies at school, police said.

Sylvia Mojica of Hartford has been charged with risk of injury to a minor, according to authorities.

The 38-year-old allegedly put the pistol and blade in the backpack of the child, who now may be suspended or expelled from Burns Elementary School.

School officials are looking into the claims that he was being bullied. According to the Hartford Courant, security officers at the school had once seen the boy being chased by students.
NY Daily News

The thought process of some people, while not surprising, is very alarming.......

frommycolddeadhands

"According to the Hartford Courant, security officers at the school had once seen the boy being chased by students."

I'm not defending the dipstick mother who gave her kid a BB gun and a knife, but it seems that the security officers 'saw' plenty, but they dont mention putting a stop to anything, hence allowing the bullies to keep on doing what they're doing. In my opinion the lax attitudes of teachers and school staff is a big problem when it comes to bullying.

I dont think this kid needed a BB gun and a knife. He needed his mother to call these punks' parents and get them a butt whuppin. Failing that he needed to stand up for himself and kick these bullies in the nuts or something.

CO-Joe

I dont think this kid needed a BB gun and a knife. He needed his mother to call these punks' parents and get them a butt whuppin.

In an ideal world, that would happen. In this world, it's all too likely the parents would say something to the bullies, but otherwise do absolutely nothing, and this would only encourage the bullies to pick on the kid harder. re: kicking in the groin... it doesn't help that today's bullies have finally discovered the idea of 'strength in numbers'. It might not be like it was in your school days. My grade school experience was a lot like prison--or at least the way I imagine prison to be.

I won't be ashamed to admit that I was picked on, in gang type fashion in jr. high. What you have to do is find the leader of the herd, single him out after school and bust him up in the the most devastating way you can, and promise to do it again. They seem to go away after that.

frommycolddeadhands

In an ideal world, that would happen. In this world, it's all too likely the parents would say something to the bullies, but otherwise do absolutely nothing, and this would only encourage the bullies to pick on the kid harder. re: kicking in the groin... it doesn't help that today's bullies have finally discovered the idea of 'strength in numbers'. It might not be like it was in your school days. My grade school experience was a lot like prison--or at least the way I imagine prison to be.

I won't be ashamed to admit that I was picked on, in gang type fashion in jr. high. What you have to do is find the leader of the herd, single him out after school and bust him up in the the most devastating way you can, and promise to do it again. They seem to go away after that.

Maybe things have changed a bit. I'm only 26, but when I was in elementary school the fights consisted mostly of name calling, followed by a shoving match, and if it went on long enough one kid might eventually punch the other one in the nose. I don't think I ever saw an elementary school fight go past that single punch, and a BB gun and a knife was never even thought of as an option. Kicking someone in the nuts was like the nuclear weapon of elementary school. It didn't get any worse than that.

High school was a lot more like what you describe. That's the time to single out the alpha dog and wade in with knees and elbows and teeth. Drop the biggest muther&*$# you can find and then nobody else wants to mess with you.

lil_freak_66

he's 12 and in elementary still?

heck,i was halfway through middle school by then...

-1 to the mom for arming a 12 yo. like that

-7623414567543 for the security guards doing nothing.

OldCurlyWolf

he's 12 and in elementary still?

heck,i was halfway through middle school by then...

-1 to the mom for arming a 12 yo. like that

-7623414567543 for the security guards doing nothing.

In many school systems 6th grade is elementary and having a 12 year old in the 6th grade happens often based on the birth date being after Sept. 1.

My daughters BD is late August and she was one of the youngest in here class.

Said "Security Guards" should be fired. If they were following policy the whole blasted school board needs to be fired and criminally charged for aiding and abetting.:mad:

DustoneGT

Schools are run more like prisons these days than places of learning. Just like any prison, you have to kick ass a few times to get left alone.

I'm 26, and comparing stories with my grandfather I can see where it all went wrong. Adults at schools tolerate bullies these days, but are hard on any good kids who fight to defend themselves. I kicked a few bullies' rears, but they kept coming because they were emboldened after school admins would punish me and not them.

It's just like states with anti-gun and anti-self-defense laws, but in a microcosm.

Beretta-m9

I can see this happening, kids take bullying to the extreme anymore, it's alomst hypocritical to say we should have the right to carry and defend but not this kid.I am sure I read either here or on wci site that it's the obligation of every man woman and "child" to defend themselfs, how is a kid suppose to do that against someone who can beat them silly ????? It's easy to say he should kick ass to get left alone but some people just can't fight, the schools are no help in these matters and to be honest if it was my kid and he was tacking beatings I would tell him to do whatever he needs to defend himself even if it's with a weapon. It's the bullies who need to be punished, bully today criminal tomorrow.

Last edited: