• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm new in OC in Wisconsin

Rescue11

Hi : I would like to get educated before
My first OC with people how actualy
have exp. and know how to educate
newbies in this.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
newbies in this.

Welcome. The best thing to do is to hook up with guys in your area (is it Milwaukee?), and go out with them for a couple of times until you get the feel.

Do a lot of reading here. There is a wealth of info in amongst all the hubris.

Join Wisconsin Carry, Inc. and get on the mailing list for all the events and happenings around the state. Go to www.wisconsincarry.org to sign up.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
open carry primer brochure.

Also, I'm sure if you are old enough to carry, you are old enough to know who you do or don't have to give money to.

If you would like to join Wisconsin Carry, you would be welcome. However, we help people whether they are members or not. If you ever experienced any harassment from police etc, just ask if you'd like our assistance. Its free.

Attachments

• WCI_Tri-Fold_rev_1.pdf
    189.5 KB · Views: 64

paul@paul-fisher.com

See my signature for all your pertinent information. :)

If want to meet up sometime, just let me know. :)

Come to the Fish Fry this Friday! http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-Friday-Fish-Fry...AGAIN!-Friday-October-29th!

That would be a good idea! This Friday, fish fry! If you feel uncomfortable, leave the sidearm in the vehicle, come on in and talk to someone with a sidearm, introduce yourself and we'll answer any questions you have. I'll probably be there between 6:30-7:00.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to the forum and welcome to Open Carry!

newbies in this.

This Friday's Fish Fry at Lizzy's Green Cafe is an excellent way to get out there the first time and meet like people. The cafe encourages open carry and all are welcome. With this in mind you won't have to worry about the establishment asking you to leave and you will be among people who support your right to keep and bear arms. And...the food is really good! :)

Hope to meet you this Friday. Please see the link which is "stickied" to the top of the threads for Lizzy's address.

M

McX

welcome to forum, such as it is; A new secure life has opened up for you. Join WisconsinCarry reasons are obvious. Hit the events, meet and discuss with the like minded. Hints to being here;

Read and digest what Doug posts, even if it irritates you, he is trying to help- use his knowledge to help stay out of trouble. The guys is also an internet book of laws and regs- he can blast them to you in a flash. Show him respect and courtesy, and you will get the same in return.

Feeding Sparticus is prohibited. if you stick your fingers in his cage he will bite you. The guy is a good chum, treat him with respect and courtesy, and you got a knowledgeable chum to talk with at open carry events.

Training for you and your family? Make the pilrimage to mecca, and seek out Hubert, you'll get real training you can use, and make a friend in the process that will always be there for you.

If your in our zone, make our meets, get to know everyone. Damn finest group of people I have ever met on here. Shop OC friendly places, let your money do the talking. Hang with experienced carriers for tips and to start. Dot every i, cross every t, do all the dances so you are always doing it right, and in the right. And lastly; Don't talk to the Police.

Rbwhanson

Learn your rights front and back and don't be afraid to exercise them. Most particularly remember "right to remain silent" is a right you can exercise immediately when dealing with a LEO. Carry with confidence and be normal; don't draw attention to yourself and most won't notice you're carrying or at least won't care. Brush up on how to respond to LEO's as you will deal wth them at one point or another, guaranteed.