Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spokane Gun Show

Spokane Gun Show

We will have an Open Carry table at the Spokane Gun Show, 5 - 7 November. Actually we will have two tables but will be sharing them with two other friendly organizations. The gun show is open 1200 - 1900 Friday, 0900 - 1800 Saturday, and 0900 - 1600 Sunday. If you have time and would like to help man (or woman) the table and hand out copies of the Washington Gun Rights Pamphlet, let me know. If you are at the show and want to stop by and say "hello" feel free. The total fee for two tables is $150, so the Open Carry share is $50. Since we are not selling anything, but giving away information and pamphlets, any donations are appreciated.

The gun show will be at the Interstate Fairgrounds, 404 North Havana. Lots of free parking. No need to carpool.

Questions?

Answers?

Snide, smart alecky, irreverent, and/or irrelevant remarks?

The total fee for two tables is $150, so the Open Carry share is $50.
    And I complained about $40 for 2 days here at the WAC show....

Is there a paypal or similar account that funds can be sent to? For those that haven't read the thread yet, Gunpal is having issues...
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...al-GPal-issues

I plan on being there friday from open to close at the table. I figure that is the hardest day to get filled with people working real jobs, whereas I will be off that day. I have already talked to Orphan so I will see *someone* there Friday. I will have pamphlets and a couple of holders for them.

For people manning the table I will have some stuff (junk) I need to give away, esp for the reloaders. I have a bunch of styrofoam blocks that held blood collection tubes that make great cartridge blocks. I also may have some small hemostats to dispose of.

bob

Dave,

I would like to work the table Sat. afternoon and would be glad contribute to the rental. I won't need a pass as I will be paying to enter with my boys in the morning.

See you all there.
    Keep Calm and Carry On,

Snarly

Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

I will be there all 3 days from open to close at the next table selling my metal reactive targets and helping with the OC table.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	targets1.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	4355  

Do they allow you to carry without the action being "zip-tied" open at this show?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Do they allow you to carry without the action being "zip-tied" open at this show?
    Yes, the action can be closed on the zip tie or the zip tie can simply hold the hammer down once it has been determined to be unloaded.

All guns have to be unloaded including CC, they dont pat anyone down or wave a metal detector over you so I wonder how many are CCing. Sometimes they are pretty strict about the zip ties and sometimes they are pretty lax. I usually have them tie through the barrel of my Kimber and close the action on the zip tie, reholster and you really cant tell unless you look close. I know they REALLY dont like it if you unload at the gun check table I have seen a few people do that, it gets pretty tense, I unload in the car in the parking lot put mag in back pocket and carry a sharp knife.

Deros and I will be attending the show and should be arriving Thursday night thru the weekend. I'll print up and bring a bunch of the FAQ's as well as having some extra pamphlets to hand off.

Looking forward to once again getting with the east siders and bringing the banner out to the gun show etc.Always great to hang with Orphan and the troops out there.Looking forward to checking out the Spokane gun show as well.They may have some pouches I haven't seen yet.GoGo knows what I'm talking about. )

Quote Originally Posted by DEROS72 View Post
    Looking forward to once again getting with the east siders and bringing the banner out to the gun show etc.Always great to hang with Orphan and the troops out there.Looking forward to checking out the Spokane gun show as well.They may have some pouches I haven't seen yet.GoGo knows what I'm talking about. )
    So do a few others of us That one you gave me is working well, I haven't reinducted myself into the order ... yet

M1Gunr and Deros, looking forward to seeing you guys as well. I appreciate you making the effort to join us over here. Hopefully when I am your age I can reciprocate.
    Keep Calm and Carry On,

Snarly

Its great we are getting more support. Dwordinger and I will be setting up Friday morning. I have the Spokane OCDO banner and pvc pipe to put it up with. I also have a couple hundred pamphlets. They are the older version, so if anyone wants to bring newer pamphlets that would be great.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SnarlyWino View Post
    M1Gunr and Deros, looking forward to seeing you guys as well. I appreciate you making the effort to join us over here. Hopefully when I am your age I can reciprocate.
    When you are our age we will need you to push our wheelchairs around, LOL

They are the older version, so if anyone wants to bring newer pamphlets that would be great.
    I'll have plenty of pamphlets as well as the FAQ sheet I put together to hand out along with the flyer.

And I thought Orphan and I looked pretty good for our age.....

I thought those were your "baby pictures".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Just great! Now security is gonna have to do a badge update and monitor these hay seeds!Heh, heh! As,um,a, said, 'I love it when a plan comes together!' Who's buying the coffee? Hummmmmmmmmmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by SnarlyWino View Post
    Heh,heh! Lock yer doors and windows! Send the women and little ones to Grandma's! THE WEST SIDE IS COMMIN'. Yessiree! Got the camper loaded, the dogs, Cody, Hayley, and Oreo fed, bathed and brushed! Let me see; dogs, check; food, check; pistols, check; rifles,check; shot guns, check; ammo, check.....................................ah, yes WIFE..........................................chec k! That, my friends is

Quote Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
    Heh,heh! Lock yer doors and windows! Send the women and little ones to Grandma's! THE WEST SIDE IS COMMIN'. Yessiree! Got the camper loaded, the dogs, Cody, Hayley, and Oreo fed, bathed and brushed! Let me see; dogs, check; food, check; pistols, check; rifles,check; shot guns, check; ammo, check.....................................ah, yes WIFE..........................................chec k! That, my friends is
    Well, that settles it then. I want to buy all you west siders breakfast Friday morning, but I am a cheep bastard. How about the Mickey D's on Sprague and Havana? It is just down the street from the fair grounds so you can head up and set up the booth with dwordinger and the others afterward. I naturally would expect any able bodied Spokanite to show up as well. How does 8 AM sound?
    Keep Calm and Carry On,

Snarly

You'll have to eat w/o me. We can't leave until Fri. morn. Next time, tho'.

There isn't that much to set up Friday morning. Fetch and I were planning to start about 10:00.

The show hours were given in my first post. (It is open 1200 - 1900 Friday, 0900 - 1800 Saturday, and 0900 - 1600 Sunday.) Anyone who wants to help at the table, let me know what day and what time, and I'll build a schedule. If you have a cell phone, give me your number so if anyone has to change his schedule we can notify the person you were to relieve and the person who was to relieve you. If you would rather not post your cell number on the web for all the world to see, you can PM me.

And for the West Siders, bring lots of money, and support the local economy.

Hey Boss, can the westsiders park campers at the fairgrounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
    Hey Boss, can the westsiders park campers at the fairgrounds?
    There is supposed to be an RV area in the Fairgrounds. No overnight parking in the main lot or inside fenced area per rules posted by another group using the facility.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    There is supposed to be an RV area in the Fairgrounds. No overnight parking in the main lot or inside fenced area per rules posted by another group using the facility.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dwordinger View Post
    There isn't that much to set up Friday morning. Fetch and I were planning to start about 10:00....
    So with that in mind, and the fact that Squeak can't make it Friday, shall we do breakfast Saturday at McDonald's instead? I suppose a few more Spokanadians could make it that day as well and we could call it a regular OC meet-up. So Saturday at McDonalds, 8 AM. If there is any interest, I will start another thread.
    Keep Calm and Carry On,

Snarly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast