• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

being called before the gun board

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
well there is no more issue, the gun board had left a message for me today saying i will no longer need to appear, in fact my license was sent on the 23 of this month. and i should recieve it soon. they also said to disregard the other letter to appear before the board. i didn't get home in time to call back but i will do so tomorrow.

i will post the response i get.

thank you to all who supported me, i appreciate it greatly! THANK YOU!

I would be very wary. It would not be the first time a phone call was made saying "you don't have to come in", then when the recipient does not show up, the threatened penalty is applied.

I'd ask for a written cancellation of the notice to appear, telling that otherwise I'll be seeing them at the date and time in the earlier letter, and to have donuts and coffee ready.

Its makes no sense that a board who was willing to buck "shall issue" suddenly comes over all friendly and changes their mind about whatever they were concerned about. Its not like the cop was likely to have a change of heart after sending in a written complaint--possible, but not likely.

Follow the old rule: document, document, document. In these situations, unless I see it in writing, it was never said, and assume whatever was last said still applies.

Michigander

Follow the old rule: document, document, document. In these situations, unless I see it in writing, it was never said, and assume whatever was last said still applies.

If this is regarding what I think it is, I sincerely doubt they would be trying to pull a trick, because the complaint would amount to little more than ******* in the wind. I will however say that I agree that it is extremely important to document as much of it as possible. This also includes a copy of the complaint letter, which should be relatively easy to get, even if they try not to release it, since 2 agencies should have copies.

NHCGRPR45

recieved my CPL yesterday in the mail, so they probably didn't mail it the 23 but whatever, so long as i have it:banana:. again thanks for all the support guys! i might still make an appointment to see why they had an issue big enough to call me in, then within days say i didn't, after they had already sent my CPL.:confused:

i guess my question is this,, they approved my CPL then called me before the board. so if it wasn't an issue big enough to stop me from haveing a CPL then why waste the paper to call me:confused:? i would like an answer to that.:exclaim:

malignity

recieved my CPL yesterday in the mail, so they probably didn't mail it the 23 but whatever, so long as i have it:banana:. again thanks for all the support guys! i might still make an appointment to see why they had an issue big enough to call me in, then within days say i didn't, after they had already sent my CPL.:confused:

i guess my question is this,, they approved my CPL then called me before the board. so if it wasn't an issue big enough to stop me from haveing a CPL then why waste the paper to call me:confused:? i would like an answer to that.:exclaim:

I imagine it's OC related; Macomb Co. Gun Board is known to be anti-OC if I remember correctly. I thought someone else had an issue from them in the past.

Bailenforcer

Again for those who don't I have bee licensed as the owner of a Detective agency so I think a little differently based on my experiences. When I had someone I was looking for and they were hiding I used to bait them based on their personal personality profile.

So if the gun board suspects you are one of those wacko gun rights types and would like to pin the tail on your Donkey they could monitor a site like this and pull what they did and see if you complain or mention it here. With the time line you donated for them they could with assurance identify you as Johnny Doe III and bailenforcer on that dang site. Then you telling us it was mailed on that date proves to them with relative assurance that you are the guy they want to identify. Now in your file is your screen name..
Call me suspicious but Remember this is Michigan the RED FILE State.

Many decent people woke up one day to find we had red files on us based on what the State thought was a anti government mindset and nothing more.

Excerpt" Investigations showed that officers within the Red Squads and the FBI "were provacateurs who disseminated false rumors, disrupted meetings, illegally broke into offices and provoked bombings and shootings two decades ago" (ibid.). In addition, "the abuses [of Red Squads in general] ran to writing letters to the spouses of political activists, accusing the activists of committing adultery or being police informers" (The Arizona Republic 6 May 1995). In the 1970s the "abuses [were] so deep that they made Americans fear for their personal liberties" which led to Congressional investigations and actions to "curtail the clandestine efforts against mainly leftist groups" (ibid.). According to AP, the Red Squad in the Detroit Police Department was abolished in 1974 (11 May 1990). Furthermore, in 1990 a Wayne County Circuit Judge ordered the city to allocate $750,000 to a "Red Squad Notification and Distribution Compliance Program" which would allow the public access to Red Squad "files on about 1.5 million people" (ibid.). "Activists said release of the documentation...would lay to rest an era of 'social paranoia,' when activists were targeted by Detroit police surveillance" (ibid.). The deadline for interested persons to ask for this information was 10 September 1991 (UPI 9 May 1991)."

http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/topic,4565c225b,45a5fa0d2,3ae6ad8e40,0.html

well i am being called before the gun board, i had recently applied for a renewal of my CPL and they had my meeting on 10-22-10. when i called to ask if i needed to show i was informed that my license had a new expiration date and that i shouldn't have any problems at all. when i sent an email to the gun board to find out if i had been approved that monday moring i was told i was being called before the board.

i called today and asked why if i had been given a new expiration date then why would i have to appear before the board, the answer i recieved was:mad:

"we have recieved a letter from a local LEO and the board has called you before them, i do not have any more information about your application at this time, the board will send you a letter as to when your date to appear will be."

wonder which leo this was from ??? any guess's:banghead:

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

Is it the new credit card style or older laminate type?

its the old ugly blue, nothin fancy at all, only thing is they only laminated 1 side so now i have to take it to kinkos and have them re laminate it again, there goes another (place dollar amount here), more money i have to spend that i don't really have! :banghead: it would have been worth it to be called so i could sign it there and have then laminate it! :cuss:

kryptonian

nothing against you NHCGRPR45 but i don't know how you could not know which officer it was. he or she would have to know you had a permit up for renewal plus some more vital info. how many LEO contacts have you had? i'm sure you probably have a good suspect in mind. could that be FOIA? sounds like grounds for civil action. that would set a legal case law standard and would discougage LEO from interfering. if this tactic works for LEO they will use the crap out of it.
years ago i had a farmington hills police sgt tell me he was going to do that to me. i called the city attorney and told him what he said. city attorney said he would look into it. the next day i got an email from farmington hills police saying that no action will be taken.
glad you got your permit and let us know if you take any action against the police officer.

Bailenforcer

over the top? On who's part mine for telling the truth? Or Michigan for spying on it's own tax payers and smearing them, making false files with made up information to be shared with anyone who wants dirt on you?

You might do a little research on the Michigan State Police Red files activities. It reads like the KGB of the 1960's

hmmmm, ya thats a little over the top wouln't ya think??:rolleyes:

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

nothing against you NHCGRPR45 but i don't know how you could not know which officer it was. he or she would have to know you had a permit up for renewal plus some more vital info. how many LEO contacts have you had? i'm sure you probably have a good suspect in mind. could that be FOIA? sounds like grounds for civil action. that would set a legal case law standard and would discougage LEO from interfering. if this tactic works for LEO they will use the crap out of it.
years ago i had a farmington hills police sgt tell me he was going to do that to me. i called the city attorney and told him what he said. city attorney said he would look into it. the next day i got an email from farmington hills police saying that no action will be taken.
glad you got your permit and let us know if you take any action against the police officer.

oh i am quite certain of who it was and a complaint has already been filed in regards to that matter. and i don't have the money for a lawsuit, it would cost about as much as i would win..so no point in doing that, and there are other issues here as well relating to other people from this site, so i am not worried about a court case. it would do little to fix anything, and the cop will continue to be stupid IMO no matter what i do.

NHCGRPR45

over the top? On who's part mine for telling the truth? Or Michigan for spying on it's own tax payers and smearing them, making false files with made up information to be shared with anyone who wants dirt on you?

You might do a little research on the Michigan State Police Red files activities. It reads like the KGB of the 1960's

hmmm, i'm good. i've got enough problems i don't need conspiracy theories on top of them:eek:. even if it did happen, and i guess it did it was 40+ years ago, i haven't even been alive that long,,,,and the goverment already knows everything it could possibly know about me, rectal exams and all! and i must say my but is quite in good shape! :banana::banana: i'll steal one from another member YATA HEY!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
yuck!

hmmm, i'm good. i've got enough problems i don't need conspiracy theories on top of them:eek:. even if it did happen, and i guess it did it was 40+ years ago, i haven't even been alive that long,,,,and the goverment already knows everything it could possibly know about me, rectal exams and all! and i must say my but is quite in good shape! :banana::banana: i'll steal one from another member YATA HEY!

TMI, TMI, WAY TMI SIR! lmao

Bailenforcer

I have noticed that you frequently call everything you disagree with or don't want to know about a conspiracy theory. You sound like Bill Clinton.

First it isn't a theory because the Michigan State Police got in big trouble for it. It was proven fact and they had to admit to it.

Second they never really stopped this activity, just modified it and now keep it much more hidden from public view, by not sending letters smearing people like they got caught doing. You would have seen that in the link of the investigations of the Michigan State Police illegal activities.

So I guess it's fine for you to keep playing Ostrich and place you head in the sand as opposed to the other places that require those exams.

But if it's proven true it is no longer a theory it becomes a fact. It was headline news for several years as people wee trying to put their lives back together after being destroyed by MSP for nothing more than having an opposing view and voicing it.

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

I have noticed that you frequently call everything you disagree with or don't want to know about a conspiracy theory. You sound like Bill Clinton.

First it isn't a theory because the Michigan State Police got in big trouble for it. It was proven fact and they had to admit to it.

Second they never really stopped this activity, just modified it and now keep it much more hidden from public view, by not sending letters smearing people like they got caught doing. You would have seen that in the link of the investigations of the Michigan State Police illegal activities.

So I guess it's fine for you to keep playing Ostrich and place you head in the sand as opposed to the other places that require those exams.

But if it's proven true it is no longer a theory it becomes a fact. It was headline news for several years as people wee trying to put their lives back together after being destroyed by MSP for nothing more than having an opposing view and voicing it.

well not everything,,, i did say that it happend ya! :eek:

you and i just seem to live in diffrent worlds, you can express your version which sadly is closer to truth than i would like, however i try to worry about things i can't fix right now, thanks for all the helpful corrections and thanks for keeping up on the goverment i am certain everyone is very aware of everything.

how about this from now on just assume i agree with everything you say, even if i post diffrent views, won't that be nice?:)

Bailenforcer

More sarcasm?

I don't want anyone to agree with me, even if it's because I might be right on something, it would serve me and everyone better if you learned as opposed to just agree. But instead of using inflammatory rhetoric like black Helicopters, and conspiracy theories just agree to disagree. It's really a simple concept.

well not everything,,, i did say that it happend ya! :eek:

you and i just seem to live in diffrent worlds, you can express your version which sadly is closer to truth than i would like, however i try to worry about things i can't fix right now, thanks for all the helpful corrections and thanks for keeping up on the goverment i am certain everyone is very aware of everything.

how about this from now on just assume i agree with everything you say, even if i post diffrent views, won't that be nice?:)