• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off topic: law enforcement question:

pat

Off topic: law enforcement question:
(sorry, I didn’t see an “off topic section”)
Background: I received a weight ticket in the late 90’s at the scales on I-5 near Fife.
My employer said he would pay it. Then at a later date the local terminal said they would not pay the ticket because it was district work and district would pay it out of their budget not the local budget. I have renewed my license twice since time of the ticket. Not a full renew, just the hazardous tests. My employeer also has ran my license for the annual Federal DOT check. But I don't know if these two data bases "talk" to each other. One Fed the other state.
What got me thinking about this was when I attended a driver improvement class (well worth the 10% discount I’ll get.) The instructor said there are a lot of people that have “bench warrants” that don’t even know they do or thought the ticket was taken of. The instructor recommended calling your insurance company as they review your license prior to issuing policy. My insurance company (pemco) said that they just review “moving” violations. I ran across a local sheriff and explained the problem asked him to run my license. He said we would but, if a bench warrant came up he would have to haul me in. I passed.

Question: Where does one call or go to see if tickets have been paid?

Any help would be helpful
Thanks

j2l3

You would call the court that has jurisdiction where the ticket was issued.

Was it here in Washington? If so, safe to assume it was WSP that issued the ticket? Usually if it is them, it will be whatever District Court has jurisdiction for that area.

maclean

There are no bench warrants for non-criminal traffic infractions.

If your license is valid and not suspended the ticket was paid or sent to collections.

You can check your own drivers license status at the Washington DOL website.

Your best bet to check on the ticket is to call the court. They check you in this state using a system called JIS.

Aaron1124

There are no bench warrants for non-criminal traffic infractions.

If your license is valid and not suspended the ticket was paid or sent to collections.

You can check your own drivers license status at the Washington DOL website.

Your best bet to check on the ticket is to call the court. They check you in this state using a system called JIS.

I have also heard that there are no bench warrants for non-criminal traffic infractions or civil hearings, however; I've also heard of cases where an individual did not show for a civil litigation hearing, and was issued a warrant for his arrest. I will also note that I do not the store in it's entirety, but is that the case? Can a warrant for an arrest be issued for failing to appear at a non-criminal hearing, whether it's an infraction or a civil suit?

maclean

I have also heard that there are no bench warrants for non-criminal traffic infractions or civil hearings, however; I've also heard of cases where an individual did not show for a civil litigation hearing, and was issued a warrant for his arrest. I will also note that I do not the store in it's entirety, but is that the case? Can a warrant for an arrest be issued for failing to appear at a non-criminal hearing, whether it's an infraction or a civil suit?

Yes, superior court judges can do that.

It is done for child support enforcement, for example.

pat

Thank you for the responses. I ran my DL on the link mentioned. It came back with just what I have for endorsements. I hate to assume anything but if were any problems this report would say so in the report?
This whole thing was funny prior to retirement. If I would have been held by any “Public agency due to employer error”. I would have been paid overtime for all time held. But now retired it is a different story. The days of being “in the clink on the clock are over”.
Thank you very much
Pat

(copied and pasted from https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/)

Driver license status results
The following information is accurate as of 10:33 PM, October 27, 2010.
License number : XXXXXXXXXXX
Expires on: XXXXXXX

Driver license Yes
Instruction permit No
Motorcycle endorsement No
Trike/sidecar endorsement No
Motorcycle and trike/sidecar endorsement No
Motorcycle instruction permit No
Agriculture permit No
Ignition interlock license(IIL) No
Commercial driver license(CDL) - Class A
(May drive any size of commercial vehicle, including commercial vehicles towing a trailer.) Yes
Double triple trailer endorsement
(May drive vehicles towing sets of 2 or 3 trailers.)
Passenger 1 endorsement
(May drive vehicles weighing 26,001 pounds or more designed to carry 16 or more people including the driver.)
Cargo tanker endorsement
(May drive vehicles carrying liquids or liquid gases in portable or fixed tanks.)
Hazardous materials endorsement
(May drive vehicles carrying hazardous materials that require the vehicle to be classified or placarded for hazardous materials.)
Commercial driver license permit(CDIP) No
Identification (ID) card No