Thread: Concealed Carry on College Campuses, survey for research project

Concealed Carry on College Campuses, survey for research project

I have chosen the topic of concealed carry on college campuses for a research paper and I am required to generate my own data through primary research. I am asking that you take a few moments to answer some survey questions? There are only eight questions and your answers are anonymous. I understand that This is Opencarry.org, but I hope no one will mind.

Thank you

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XQX37XT

Done.

I hope you have posted more places than just here, as this will be a very biased sample.

Regular Member frommycolddeadhands's Avatar

suggestion

Might want to look at the wording of the question "If you learned that 1 of every 100 people were armed, how would this effect your perception of personal safety"

Personally i would hope that more than 1 of every hundred were armed. Therefore I answered 'slightly less safe'. There was no place to explain my reason.
    God is the one driving this stagecoach, I'm just riding shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by frommycolddeadhands View Post
    Might want to look at the wording of the question "If you learned that 1 of every 100 people were armed, how would this effect your perception of personal safety"

Personally i would hope that more than 1 of every hundred were armed. Therefore I answered 'slightly less safe'. There was no place to explain my reason.
    "If you learned that statistically, one in every one hundred people were lawfully permitted to carry a concealed firearm, what effect would this have on your perception of personal safety?"

These questions are formulated very carefully, there is a reason why I worded it the way I did. It has less to do with a factual statement but more to do with how people are truly unaware of how many people are carrying and how it affects their perception when presented with something that makes them think for just a moment. Truth is that statement really only applies to Clark County, but it's the perception that matters.

I'm sorry, but I can't participate in this study, despite intimate knowledge of the subject matter. It does not address Open Carry, which is the only form carry which is a deterrent to crime. Concealed carry is hoping you can brandish the pistol in time for the criminal to reconsider his act, or to immediately terminate his life. Concealed carry is not a deterrent until a criminal gets "surprised" by a target.

Open carry doesn't require "getting the word out." "The word" is already out.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

I totally understand and respect your point of view.

Done...

And as the campus coordinator and newly-elected president of the ECU chapter of SCCC, I applaud your research and work to "getting the word out".

Good luck getting things changed in NV. It's an uphill battle EVERYWHERE (with the exception of UT--why can't every other state follow their lead?!?), but we WILL get things changed, eventually...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by frommycolddeadhands View Post

Here in Washington State we have just about 250,000 folks with a Concealed License which equals about 1 in 25.

If you need a few more sites to post for data...
    www.seattleguns.net
    www.northwestfirearms.com
    www.spokaneguntrader.com
    www.washingtonguntrader.com
    Last edited by Bill Starks; 10-30-2010 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    "If you learned that statistically, one in every one hundred people were lawfully permitted to carry a concealed firearm, what effect would this have on your perception of personal safety?"

These questions are formulated very carefully, there is a reason why I worded it the way I did. It has less to do with a factual statement but more to do with how people are truly unaware of how many people are carrying and how it affects their perception when presented with something that makes them think for just a moment. Truth is that statement really only applies to Clark County, but it's the perception that matters.
    I did not answer that question as none of the answers were correct for me.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Done, great topic for your research paper, would love to hear the results.

I CC every day, and I am very supportive of any legislation that would allow me to lawfully carry on campus... by the time I leave class in the evenings it's dark outside and a long walk out to the remote overflow parking lot!
    "I'm your huckleberry..."
    “I would like to see every woman know how to handle [firearms] as naturally as they know how to handle babies.” - Annie Oakley
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    I did not answer that question as none of the answers were correct for me.
    This is ultimately why I declined to complete the survey. My answers are different. Can we perhaps suggest a few different answers for the study that you can have reviewed and resubmit the study?
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

I couldn't get the second question page to work properly. Everytime I clicked the nest "ranking" it would cancel the previous one. Other than that, I love survey monkey

Andy
    shhhhh, librarian packing"

Done.

And carry on college campus here in Washington is legal, just against the rules of the colleges. (WACs) - which, in my opinion, is against the state and U.S. Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    I have chosen the topic of concealed carry on college campuses for a research paper and I am required to generate my own data through primary research. I am asking that you take a few moments to answer some survey questions? There are only eight questions and your answers are anonymous. I understand that This is Opencarry.org, but I hope no one will mind.

Thank you

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XQX37XT
    Wow! As a statistician, I have to say: VERY GOOD POLL.

- since9
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.