• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry on College Campuses, survey for research project

Nevada carrier

I have chosen the topic of concealed carry on college campuses for a research paper and I am required to generate my own data through primary research. I am asking that you take a few moments to answer some survey questions? There are only eight questions and your answers are anonymous. I understand that This is Opencarry.org, but I hope no one will mind.

Thank you

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XQX37XT

frommycolddeadhands

suggestion

Might want to look at the wording of the question "If you learned that 1 of every 100 people were armed, how would this effect your perception of personal safety"

Personally i would hope that more than 1 of every hundred were armed. Therefore I answered 'slightly less safe'. There was no place to explain my reason.

Nevada carrier

Might want to look at the wording of the question "If you learned that 1 of every 100 people were armed, how would this effect your perception of personal safety"

Personally i would hope that more than 1 of every hundred were armed. Therefore I answered 'slightly less safe'. There was no place to explain my reason.

"If you learned that statistically, one in every one hundred people were lawfully permitted to carry a concealed firearm, what effect would this have on your perception of personal safety?"

These questions are formulated very carefully, there is a reason why I worded it the way I did. It has less to do with a factual statement but more to do with how people are truly unaware of how many people are carrying and how it affects their perception when presented with something that makes them think for just a moment. Truth is that statement really only applies to Clark County, but it's the perception that matters.

Kirbinator

I'm sorry, but I can't participate in this study, despite intimate knowledge of the subject matter. It does not address Open Carry, which is the only form carry which is a deterrent to crime. Concealed carry is hoping you can brandish the pistol in time for the criminal to reconsider his act, or to immediately terminate his life. Concealed carry is not a deterrent until a criminal gets "surprised" by a target.

Open carry doesn't require "getting the word out." "The word" is already out.

Dreamer

Done...

And as the campus coordinator and newly-elected president of the ECU chapter of SCCC, I applaud your research and work to "getting the word out".

Good luck getting things changed in NV. It's an uphill battle EVERYWHERE (with the exception of UT--why can't every other state follow their lead?!?), but we WILL get things changed, eventually...

Bill Starks

State Researcher

Here in Washington State we have just about 250,000 folks with a Concealed License which equals about 1 in 25.

If you need a few more sites to post for data...
www.seattleguns.net
www.northwestfirearms.com
www.spokaneguntrader.com
www.washingtonguntrader.com

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

"If you learned that statistically, one in every one hundred people were lawfully permitted to carry a concealed firearm, what effect would this have on your perception of personal safety?"

These questions are formulated very carefully, there is a reason why I worded it the way I did. It has less to do with a factual statement but more to do with how people are truly unaware of how many people are carrying and how it affects their perception when presented with something that makes them think for just a moment. Truth is that statement really only applies to Clark County, but it's the perception that matters.

I did not answer that question as none of the answers were correct for me.:banghead:

TXgirl4OC

Done, great topic for your research paper, would love to hear the results.

I CC every day, and I am very supportive of any legislation that would allow me to lawfully carry on campus... by the time I leave class in the evenings it's dark outside and a long walk out to the remote overflow parking lot!

von buck

I couldn't get the second question page to work properly. Everytime I clicked the nest "ranking" it would cancel the previous one. Other than that, I love survey monkey

Andy

Aaron1124

Done.

And carry on college campus here in Washington is legal, just against the rules of the colleges. (WACs) - which, in my opinion, is against the state and U.S. Constitution.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I have chosen the topic of concealed carry on college campuses for a research paper and I am required to generate my own data through primary research. I am asking that you take a few moments to answer some survey questions? There are only eight questions and your answers are anonymous. I understand that This is Opencarry.org, but I hope no one will mind.

Thank you

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XQX37XT

Wow! As a statistician, I have to say: VERY GOOD POLL.

- since9