Thread: Polling Places and carrying.

Polling Places and carrying.

What is the view of OCing or carrying period at a polling place, not on the oh no list?
    IE: Libraries, churches etc.

I suspect that you'd get turned away pretty quick, but is there any real legal restriction?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky508 View Post
    What is the view of OCing or carrying period at a polling place, not on the oh no list?

I suspect that you'd get turned away pretty quick, but is there any real legal restriction?
    You've still got polling places?

Polling places are not prohibited places in Washington state. I suspect they would have a real problem if they were to refuse you your right to vote when you are doing something completely legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky508 View Post

Well since in every county except Pierce you vote by mail this applies only to Pierce County. I vote at the NE Tacoma community center, Norpoint Community Center, and I OC. Not a word was said in the primary. It is legal and I intend to do so next week as well. As long as it is not a school, I would do so with no concerns.
    Live Free or Die!

I went to register to vote yesterday at the 35th ave polling area thingiemajiggerbobdealthingie. I OC'd with my usual Neo-Nazi Skinhead thigh rig and not a SINGLE person looked at me crosseyes. I have had worse reactions at Starbucks....
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

My "Polling Place" not only allows firearms, they are encouraged.

I voted while sitting comfortably in my recliner.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    My "Polling Place" not only allows firearms, they are encouraged.

I voted while sitting comfortably in my recliner.
    Ours usually is too, but with the impact that this years seems to be able to make, we are doing it in person. Also, It will be the first time my son is voting, so its almost like a big deal.