• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Polling Places and carrying.

Sparky508

What is the view of OCing or carrying period at a polling place, not on the oh no list?
IE: Libraries, churches etc.

I suspect that you'd get turned away pretty quick, but is there any real legal restriction?

ak56

Campaign Veteran
What is the view of OCing or carrying period at a polling place, not on the oh no list?

I suspect that you'd get turned away pretty quick, but is there any real legal restriction?

You've still got polling places?

Polling places are not prohibited places in Washington state. I suspect they would have a real problem if they were to refuse you your right to vote when you are doing something completely legal.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

Well since in every county except Pierce you vote by mail this applies only to Pierce County. I vote at the NE Tacoma community center, Norpoint Community Center, and I OC. Not a word was said in the primary. It is legal and I intend to do so next week as well. As long as it is not a school, I would do so with no concerns.

devildoc5

I went to register to vote yesterday at the 35th ave polling area thingiemajiggerbobdealthingie. I OC'd with my usual Neo-Nazi Skinhead thigh rig and not a SINGLE person looked at me crosseyes. I have had worse reactions at Starbucks....

Sparky508

My "Polling Place" not only allows firearms, they are encouraged.

I voted while sitting comfortably in my recliner.

Ours usually is too, but with the impact that this years seems to be able to make, we are doing it in person. Also, It will be the first time my son is voting, so its almost like a big deal.