• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington Trip

devildoc5

Don't forget the exemption in RCW 9.41.060 allows you to carry a loaded firearm concealed and loaded in a vehicle.

The provisions of RCW 9.41.050 shall not apply to:
(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area;

Put a tent or backpack in the back, a few sleeping bags and have a camping or hiking area in mind .

I have always wondered...isn't driving a legitimate outdoor activity? It says "if the person has a valid hunting or fishing liscense" Well I have a valid drivers license...isn't that good enough????

Besides driving requires you to be outdoors (at least to get to and from the vehicle) and it is a legitimate activity....

devildoc5

Ummm....Defender.....

001-5.jpg

002-4.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg
not to bust your balls or anything but it has to be UNLOADED to be in a vehicle without a CPL...nnot too sure about the magazine in the well as you have there...

Good pic though...

amlevin

not to bust your balls or anything but it has to be UNLOADED to be in a vehicle without a CPL...nnot too sure about the magazine in the well as you have there...

Good pic though...

If it's an empty mag it's OK.

On the tape, I think the "Hi-Viz" orange is a little over the top. Go with "cammo" or "black" for that "Tacticool" look.

amlevin

Actually, if you get into the car while the gun is loaded, you are in violation. You must unload before you enter the vehicle, then when you're getting out of the vehilce you must exit then reload the weapon.

I think everyone is being too "anal" on this. It only matters if the firearm is loaded or unloaded when examined by an officer. Be smart and get in out of the rain, and everyone's sight, before you unload. Even if an officer saw you enter the vehicle with a firearm, he will be checking an "UNLOADED" firearm if you don't waste time. On that last note, I don't think I would want to be standing outside my vehicle, futzing with my pistol and unloading it, while in view of a LEO.

Last edited:

devildoc5

I think everyone is being too "anal" on this. It only matters if the firearm is loaded or unloaded when examined by an officer. Be smart and get in out of the rain, and everyone's sight, before you unload. Even if an officer saw you enter the vehicle with a firearm, he will be checking an "UNLOADED" firearm if you don't waste time. On that last note, I don't think I would want to be standing outside my vehicle, futzing with my pistol and unloading it, while in view of a LEO.

Why not? Maybe he will come over and ask if you need "backup" unloading it? :banana::banana::banana:

acmariner99

Another option!

Before I got my WA CPL, I always carried Israeli style: mag in the well, no round in the chamber. So, as I approached my vehicle I casually pushed the mag release and slid the mag into my pocket without removing the weapon from its holster. And before I left my residence, I made sure the chamber was empty before I slid the mag in initially. No one payed me any mind. Granted people may be uncomfortable carrying a weapon that isn't ready to go should the need to use it arise, but Ive noticed how you carry directly effects how people react around you so I tried to do the job with as little attention on the weapon as possible.