• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Delavan Starbucks OC Meet and Greet 1st Sunday of the Month 1-3pm

Viper

Nice to see and talk with most of you. It sure was wonderful weather.

The LEO's stopped at Subway and never gave us a second look. Then barreled out with lights and siren on. Have to give him kudos.

Hope to see you in a month. :D

protias

I'll be working in the Staples close by. If anyone wants to come over and say hi I'll probably be the only person wearing black.

I hope it's a good turnout and everyone has a great time :)
I completely forgot to stop in and say hi. :(

Passive101

I completely forgot to stop in and say hi. :(

That's alright. I was surprised anyone did come by and say hi. That was a nice surprise as it's my birthday today :)

I talked to the assistant manager today and we was glad people were carrying in WI. He said everyone should be able to carry anything they want at any time since the criminals will be doing so anyways.....He's from FL, but I think it's safe to say that it's OK to carry their when he is their

JoeSparky

Centurion
Nice to see and talk with most of you. It sure was wonderful weather.

The LEO's stopped at Subway and never gave us a second look. Then barreled out with lights and siren on. Have to give him kudos.

Hope to see you in a month. :D

I sure could have some fun with this comment about the cops leaving LIGHTS AND SIREN FROM the area where the Lawful OPEN CARRIERS were having a gathering WITH A member of the State Legislature!

Yep, sure could have some fun with that one!

Viper

Heh, the good old line item veto... Where they can delete words from a bill and make it result in something totally different than its original intent.

I never did agree with that power.

Jason in WI

We hammered him about 941.23 repeal. <......> He was not committal about the repeal of 941.23 but was overall supportive. He understands we want it and we want it yesterday. We will continue to push this.

He had showed up before most of the group arrived and even just talking to a few of us it was hard to keep from bring up other things we would like to see in a repeal bill. We did do a good job of staying on point with the pure 941.23 repeal message. It's hard to not try and lobby for changing/repealing other restrictions, but if we can repeal 941.23 everything else will fall systematically.

I want to publicly thank Mr. Kedzie here as I did in person, for taking time out on a Sunday to drop by and chat.

Have Gun - Will Carry

Yes, it was a good time, although Deb & I missed Senator Kedzie - we'll see him in Madison next month anyway. Met some new people (new to me), asked a few questions, had some great conversations! Don't know if we will make it next month, but we should be at Lizzy's next Friday - see some of you there!

M

McX

nice event. i heard rumor a citizen called the heat to mention us, but when they called the Starbucks the Starbuckians responded: Yeah, so we know their here. Love those special moments. Good to see everyone, and new ones. we tromp on to next month.

TyGuy

Gonna try and be there with my family. Maybe my wife will pop her OC cherry. Yikes, that sounds bad.

TyGuy

Are there any nearby malls that are OC friendly so that I could do some Christmas shopping after Starbucks?