• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Delavan Starbucks OC Meet and Greet 1st Sunday of the Month 1-3pm

TyGuy

As I haven't OCed a lot, should I inform Kohls ahead of time? My normal reaction is "no", but I wanted input.

Right now we are 80% sure that we'll be there.

Passive101

I gave me resignation several weeks ago now at the Delavan Staples. We did have an OC'er come in to say hi while I was working there. Management didn't seem to have a problem with it. There is a new store general manager, but other then that I can't give any more information on it.

comp45acp

As I haven't OCed a lot, should I inform Kohls ahead of time? My normal reaction is "no", but I wanted input.

Right now we are 80% sure that we'll be there.

No, don't inform ahead of time. If they don't want you there they will ask to leave. I carry at the Kohls in Johnson Creek with no issues. They want your money. Why would they boot you for engaging in a legal activity?

TyGuy

I know, and I really don't like the idea of "asking" permission to do something legal. However, I organized an OC dinenr at a Culvers in Beloit about two months ago, and I did inform them ahead of time. Well, let's not start a debate about it. I don't want to draw attention away from the point of the thread.

I intend to see ya'll there on Sunday.

TyGuy

My wife, infant son, and I will be there. I'll be sporting a G19 in a Blackhawk Serpa holster. My wife might wear her Walther P22 in a Fobus. See you all there!

Carryon

Some of the stores by Starbucks Delavan. Walmart superstore, Radio Shack, some cell phone stores, Kohl's, Lowe's, a sporting goods (forget the name), Staples, Aldi, Culvers, hair cut, liquor stores, and a few others.

Other side of highway, Shopko, couple liquore stores, Ace, Dunham Sports, Tractor Supply, Benjamin Franklin, Sears appliance and lawn equipment, some furniture and flooring stores, sub and pizza shops, other fast food, a couple of car dealerships, auto parts stores, Chili's, ...

Passive101

I'll be rocking my glock 26..3rd gen..

I can't wait to be able to get a glock 26 4th gen :)

Passive101

4 of us went down to Radio Shack to look at a camera. They didn't have one in stock so we went to the one in Lake Geneva. We had no issues at either of the Radio shacks. We then went to some store that sold different scents of soaps and lotions and had no issues. We also went into a backing store and received no strange looks either.

We went to Pot Belly's and had a late lunch. The food was great and again no issues from anyone. There was one lady who walked in and walked back out, but then came back again. It looked like she was looking for her friend who was in the bathroom so she didn't see her right away. She wasn't scared by the firearms.

We had a great time and there was a great turnout at Starbucks again. A Delavan officer came and was nice and friendly. He talked with many members as equals and did use his authority to intimidate anyone. He also didn't question individuals of why they were carrying or anything. He was able to learn more about us and I think everyone had a great time.

protias

So the police weren't there to harass you because the totality of the circumstances...ummm...uhhh....I can't think of how to finish this sentence. :p

TyGuy

Sorry that I didn't get to chat with everyone more. I was busy eating lunch, taking care of my son, and helping those young girls with their math homework. I used to teach math at NIU, so I am partial to a little algebra. I was able to say hi to Nate and Erin and a few others. I look forward to seeing you all again the next time. My wife did OC, for the first time!

M

McX

i plan to be there................as long as your leading this meet.

M

McX

So the police weren't there to harass you because the totality of the circumstances...ummm...uhhh....I can't think of how to finish this sentence. :p

remind me to ticket you for disorderly conduct the next time i see you!

BrewTownBagger

I will be heading down to the meet and greet in Delevan, If anyone wants to carpool down there let me know. I live in tosa and would love to ride down with someone who has been OC'ing for awhile so I can pick some brains on what to do and what not to do.

Look forward to meeting everyone,

protias

I will be heading down to the meet and greet in Delevan, If anyone wants to carpool down there let me know. I live in tosa and would love to ride down with someone who has been OC'ing for awhile so I can pick some brains on what to do and what not to do.

Look forward to meeting everyone,

Even if you are not able to ride with someone, we'll be there for several hours. They'll be time to pick lots of brains (hopefully free of zombies too). :D