• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun control and other countries...

amzbrady

Gun control at it's finest. Is this what the Brady Campaigners want here? If I remember right, Mexico has a ban on guns dont they? The Brady Campaigners would like to see a ban on guns here, and think only the police should have them. I wonder if they would like to see our future if that happens? I also wonder how this would have played out if citizens had been openly carrying for the last 50 years?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39863570/ns/world_news-americas

President Felipe Calderon Told Obama, We need to fix our country??? WTF???

Last edited:

1245A Defender

ummm

i can be confused.
is this an actaul quote? President Felipe Calderon Told Obama, We need to fix our country??? WTF???

i cant get his context.
my first reading has calderon saying, we "mexico" need to fix our country.
but maybe he is telling obama that, that we "america" need to fix our country.

so what does he mean??

bcp

Mexican Constitution:

Article 10. The inhabitants of the United Mexican States are entitled to have arms of any kind in their possession for their protection and legitimate defense, except such as are expressly forbidden by law, or which the nation may reserve for the exclusive use of the army, navy, or national guard; but they may not carry arms within inhabited places without complying with police regulations.

===========================================

The "except" has eliminated what comes before.

Sonora Rebel

The signs at ports of entry into Mexico warn : "No Firearms". Please do not attempt to bring firearms and/or ammunition into México! The only exception to this rule is for hunters, and that is with proper authorization only. There are stories of foreigners finding themselves in trouble with the Mexican authorities, for a single bullet left in the glove compartment or under the seat. (Think 'New Jersey')

3/325

i can be confused.
is this an actaul quote? President Felipe Calderon Told Obama, We need to fix our country??? WTF???

i cant get his context.
my first reading has calderon saying, we "mexico" need to fix our country.
but maybe he is telling obama that, that we "america" need to fix our country.

so what does he mean??

Look up the transcript to Calderon's speech before Congress.
You can probably also find video of it. I think it was about 40 mins total.

Last edited: