• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Elkhorn Culvers OC

xd40arff

Well I am a long time lurker, just haven't really posted much. I wanted to share my positive experience at Culvers of Elkhorn today. I took my girlfriend out to lunch, with her 14 month old niece. We had our lunch without anyone even noticing that I was OC'ing.
So we finish our lunch, and saw that the flavor of the day was Carmel Fudge Cookie dough.... So my will power caved in and I went and got us some in a dish to share. As I was buying our treat the cashier looked down at my M&P 40 in my holster, clicked the senior discount onto my ice cream, then proceeded to take my money. As I stood there waiting for my ice cream, I was thinking, I am 24, my girlfriend is 24.... but yet we got the senior discount... Maybe I ran into another pro-carry guy who just happened to be working at Culvers. Just kind of caught me off guard, and saved me 13 cents!

lockman

State Researcher
I used to get 50% off pizza and Free in uniform, also the local Cinema let LEO's in free. As an 18 year old police dispatcher with a uniform and a badge that worked fine for over a year until someone finally realized I had no gun and no LEO powers.

If you look scraggly maybe they thought you were with the gang unit!

xd40arff

Paul, I am the guy who lives right by you in Sugar Creek, we met at Lizzy's.

Who knows who they thought I was, I just found it kind of funny. I do know that the Elkhorn Culvers does give a Military Discount if in uniform from back when I was in the Guard. I guess Ill just have to open carry there now to get my discount!

paul@paul-fisher.com

Paul, I am the guy who lives right by you in Sugar Creek, we met at Lizzy's.

Who knows who they thought I was, I just found it kind of funny. I do know that the Elkhorn Culvers does give a Military Discount if in uniform from back when I was in the Guard. I guess Ill just have to open carry there now to get my discount!

Ahhh.... OK.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Doug, no one cares.
You may think no one cares, same as automucophagy.

I encountered an odd word twice today, omphaloskopia, the practice of contemplating ones navel, a jocular reference to egoism and self-absorption. Once in my reading and once it was used, quite independently, by the facilitator of my military history/foreign affairs discussion group.