• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senior Centers fall under MCL 123.1102 ????

B

Bikenut

Portions from....

Clio Area Senior Center
Operated by the Charter Township of Vienna
Participation Policy

Excerpt follows...

In order for everyone to enjoy activities and services in safety and comfort, you are asked to abide by the following rules:

4. There is no use of tobacco, alcohol, weapons or any illegal substances allowed. Smoking is only allowed outside.... etc....

Failure to abide by this Participation Policy will result in an individual being asked to leave the premises and property until such a time as they are willing to meet with the Center Director (or designate) and commit in writing to conform to the Participation Policy. The manageement reserves the right to permanently ban a parson from the Center for violations of this policy.

So.... Because it is the Charter Township of Vienna (a local unit of government) that operates this Senior Center I would say that MCL 123.1102 applies.. Correct?

Although I have no idea who owns the building..... or how that would factor into this.

Also... isn't Federal funding involved in Senior Centers?

PDinDetroit

Portions from....

Clio Area Senior Center
Operated by the Charter Township of Vienna
Participation Policy

Excerpt follows...

In order for everyone to enjoy activities and services in safety and comfort, you are asked to abide by the following rules:

4. There is no use of tobacco, alcohol, weapons or any illegal substances allowed. Smoking is only allowed outside.... etc....

Failure to abide by this Participation Policy will result in an individual being asked to leave the premises and property until such a time as they are willing to meet with the Center Director (or designate) and commit in writing to conform to the Participation Policy. The manageement reserves the right to permanently ban a parson from the Center for violations of this policy.

So.... Because it is the Charter Township of Vienna (a local unit of government) that operates this Senior Center I would say that MCL 123.1102 applies.. Correct?

Although I have no idea who owns the building..... or how that would factor into this.

Also... isn't Federal funding involved in Senior Centers?

My Take - IANAL!

Operated by a Local Unit of Government, falls under preemption. Since the MI Self Defense Act covers "use of firearm", the rule is invalid as they cannot punish for Legal Activity (if necessary).

NHCGRPR45

ok off topic, but since i can be a bonehead will someone please direct me to a web site that handles all of these things like

ianal IMHO wanial imo stuff like that, my daughter even told me to not bother her with it, since i can't even figure out why "texting is HOT" whatever that means please help a lost cause,,:uhoh:

thanks!

PDinDetroit

I agree 100%... they are violating the law.

I agree with Dr. Todd :lol:

Nothing good can come from that! :rolleyes:

Yes, all three of us agree. As long as we are not the "3 Stooges Plumbers", everything
should be fine!

three_stooges3_2.jpg

NHCGRPR45

That was my thought as well.

However, I'm sure the person in charge will say that it means no carrying either.
hmmm, strictly speaking just carring around a cigaret dosen't mean your smoking, samething applies to guns,,oh wait guns are SCARY:p

My Take - IANAL!

Operated by a Local Unit of Government, falls under preemption. Since the MI Self Defense Act covers "use of firearm", the rule is invalid as they cannot punish for Legal Activity (if necessary).
what the hell is IANAL!!!!!!!!!!!!:cuss:
I agree 100%... they are violating the law.

yup i agree, also! hugs everyone!

I agree with Dr. Todd :lol:

Yes, all three of us agree. As long as we are not the "3 Stooges Plumbers", everything
should be fine!

three_stooges3_2.jpg

http://www.google.com/

And I find it mildly ironic that with your forum moniker you are having difficulty with internet acronyms.

Bronson

"ya ya laugh it up fuzzball" direct quote han solo! empire strikes back! and its on topic because he open carries also! :banana:

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

http://www.google.com/

And I find it mildly ironic that with your forum moniker you are having difficulty with internet acronyms.

Bronson

to say nothing of being in the army:rolleyes:

what are you doing today? not much just heading to the DFAC, the over to S-1 to pick up some TOPSEC, then over to the ASP to get my AMMO for the range, the over to SEC, back to the ASP, where i'll have to talk to the QM about S-2 and why they tend to be such slow producers. of by the way did you see Sgt new POV, its HOT! his new POF is a real slick M4 especially with that new M68! did you here what he told his wife about last night??? he can really MSU when his COMOF is looking for him! oh did you see the new picture on my CAC card?? its a real POS! i mean WTF with ten trillion dollars they should at least spell it right! especially when its required by the GENCON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

RenegadeMarine

to say nothing of being in the army:rolleyes:

what are you doing today? not much just heading to the DFAC, the over to S-1 to pick up some TOPSEC, then over to the ASP to get my AMMO for the range, the over to SEC, back to the ASP, where i'll have to talk to the QM about S-2 and why they tend to be such slow producers. of by the way did you see Sgt new POV, its HOT! his new POF is a real slick M4 especially with that new M68! did you here what he told his wife about last night??? he can really MSU when his COMOF is looking for him! oh did you see the new picture on my CAC card?? its a real POS! i mean WTF with ten trillion dollars they should at least spell it right! especially when its required by the GENCON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

LOL! When I was in the Corps many conversations were very similar to this!