Thread: m new to open carry

m new to open carry

im new to open carry . i live in northwestern wisconsin, in eau claire. im looking for training for my wife. she works downtown and is handicapped so she is an easy target for the predators. she is willing even eager to carry but it would necessarily be concealed since she only has the use of one arn and hand (her right). i am also looking for a place to go and shoot legally here in the eau claire area. the only palce i know of is the rod and gun club and they dont answer the phone ever or return calls so i dont know where to go to shoot my handguns. thanks for any info you can give. you can contavt me at chefkeith99@yahoo.com, again thanks

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    How Chef! Concealment is illegal in Wisconsin. Wisconsin Statutes 941.23

I'd edit out my personal info. We do have some unsavory characters here. I have armed myself for the remote chance of a meeting with DustiniaC/his homiez.
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 10-27-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chefkeith View Post
    im new to open carry . i live in northwestern wisconsin, in eau claire. im looking for training for my wife. she works downtown and is handicapped so she is an easy target for the predators. she is willing even eager to carry but it would necessarily be concealed since she only has the use of one arn and hand (her right). i am also looking for a place to go and shoot legally here in the eau claire area. the only palce i know of is the rod and gun club and they dont answer the phone ever or return calls so i dont know where to go to shoot my handguns. thanks for any info you can give. you can contavt me at chefkeith99@yahoo.com, again thanks
    I too live in Eau claire and OC every where I go.
    The place I shoot is the Westgate Sportsman Club you do have to be member I think 25$ for a year and you can use the outside range any time you want.

Welcome. As Doug pointed out, conceal carry is illegal in this state (well, for the most part, there are two counties who are not enforcing it). See my signature for all your pertinent information.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

bhancock
    Chef, contact your state representatives now and after the elections as there is a big push to repeal the law that prohibits conceal carry in Wisconsin. Many of us believe that if the election goes right and legislation to repeal is quickly introduced, it will happen. Your wife has a very compelling case for the need to be able to carry as it fits our needs.

Can't help you with training and practice locations as I am a little out of your area.

Welcome to the forum!

It would be my guess that you are not getting phone contact because nobody is at the Rod and Gun club. R&G clubs in Wisconsin are generally places that have a spot to shoot and are maintained by the members. I suggest you drive there and talk to anyone that may be around and find out what is needed to join. But the Sportsman's club for $25 that was mentioned sounds like a bargain.
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Welcome. As Doug pointed out, conceal carry is illegal in this state (well, for the most part, there are two counties who are not enforcing it). See my signature for all your pertinent information.
    He didn't say she would necessarily carry outside of the home or her business-- 2 places one can carry concealed in WI.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Chef - I live in Eau Claire also. Westgate and EC Rod and Gun are not the only places to shoot in the area. Westgate and ECRG are member only. Memberships are not expensive, but are required. Dunn County has a range that is open to the public. Colfax Sportsmans Club has a range open to the public also. Both of these ranges are only open certain hours due to only being open when a range official can "man" the range. There is a range in Tilden that is open during daylight hours. Cadott also has a public range. I am not 100% of it's location.
    These public ranges are "free" but only stay open based on donations, so if you use one...donate something!

Dunn County - http://www.menomonierifleandpistolclub.org/
    Colfax SC - http://www.colfaxsportsmensclub.com/

For directions to Tilden or other questions, drop me an email at eccarryguy@yahoo.com

Carry ON!
    Wisconsin Carry Inc - Founders Club Member
    NRA - Life Member
    3rd generation US Air Force Veteran