• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

m new to open carry

chefkeith

im new to open carry . i live in northwestern wisconsin, in eau claire. im looking for training for my wife. she works downtown and is handicapped so she is an easy target for the predators. she is willing even eager to carry but it would necessarily be concealed since she only has the use of one arn and hand (her right). i am also looking for a place to go and shoot legally here in the eau claire area. the only palce i know of is the rod and gun club and they dont answer the phone ever or return calls so i dont know where to go to shoot my handguns. thanks for any info you can give. you can contavt me at chefkeith99@yahoo.com, again thanks

lance galloway

im new to open carry . i live in northwestern wisconsin, in eau claire. im looking for training for my wife. she works downtown and is handicapped so she is an easy target for the predators. she is willing even eager to carry but it would necessarily be concealed since she only has the use of one arn and hand (her right). i am also looking for a place to go and shoot legally here in the eau claire area. the only palce i know of is the rod and gun club and they dont answer the phone ever or return calls so i dont know where to go to shoot my handguns. thanks for any info you can give. you can contavt me at chefkeith99@yahoo.com, again thanks

I too live in Eau claire and OC every where I go.
The place I shoot is the Westgate Sportsman Club you do have to be member I think 25$ for a year and you can use the outside range any time you want.

protias

Welcome. As Doug pointed out, conceal carry is illegal in this state (well, for the most part, there are two counties who are not enforcing it). See my signature for all your pertinent information.

B

bhancock

Chef, contact your state representatives now and after the elections as there is a big push to repeal the law that prohibits conceal carry in Wisconsin. Many of us believe that if the election goes right and legislation to repeal is quickly introduced, it will happen. Your wife has a very compelling case for the need to be able to carry as it fits our needs.

Can't help you with training and practice locations as I am a little out of your area.

Welcome to the forum!

Krusty

It would be my guess that you are not getting phone contact because nobody is at the Rod and Gun club. R&G clubs in Wisconsin are generally places that have a spot to shoot and are maintained by the members. I suggest you drive there and talk to anyone that may be around and find out what is needed to join. But the Sportsman's club for $25 that was mentioned sounds like a bargain.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Welcome. As Doug pointed out, conceal carry is illegal in this state (well, for the most part, there are two counties who are not enforcing it). See my signature for all your pertinent information.

He didn't say she would necessarily carry outside of the home or her business-- 2 places one can carry concealed in WI.

goforlow

Chef - I live in Eau Claire also. Westgate and EC Rod and Gun are not the only places to shoot in the area. Westgate and ECRG are member only. Memberships are not expensive, but are required. Dunn County has a range that is open to the public. Colfax Sportsmans Club has a range open to the public also. Both of these ranges are only open certain hours due to only being open when a range official can "man" the range. There is a range in Tilden that is open during daylight hours. Cadott also has a public range. I am not 100% of it's location.
These public ranges are "free" but only stay open based on donations, so if you use one...donate something!

Dunn County - http://www.menomonierifleandpistolclub.org/
Colfax SC - http://www.colfaxsportsmensclub.com/

For directions to Tilden or other questions, drop me an email at eccarryguy@yahoo.com

Carry ON!