• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Malaco Grandview

Cornelius

Just to let members know Malaco Grandview Movie Theatre in Madison is a no go for OC/CC. They have no signs posted on the outside of the building or upon entering the parking lot area, but I was approached by their security guard when he noticed my holster and asked if I was law enforcement. I replied no and he walked away, after I went into the theatre and was seated I noticed a couple of managers and the security guard searching the seats with a flashlight, so I went down and spoke with them and they asked me to disarm or leave the premises. So to make sure I didnt ruin the evening for my date I placed my firearm in the trunk. I later contacted the corporate office and they informed me that even though they dont have signs outside the building or entering the parking lot that they have a plaque inside the lobby area of the theatre that says firearms aren't allowed. LOL like i went to the movie theatre to go inside and search for a plaque that isnt placed in the center of the lobby. Anyway just wanted to let everyone know to remember to disarm before entering the theatre. I personally just won't be patronizing their establishment, mainly because if they feel the need to hire security to secure the area then I feel the need to be able to defend myself/family(date) in the event the lonesome security guard isnt within sight/earshot.