Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just became a member

Just became a member

Sent in my dues for WCI.

bhancock
    Thanks for contributing to the cause of freedom.

I did what I could, not Founders level, but someday I will get there.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    I did what I could, not Founders level, but someday I will get there.
    Oak1971 you are involved that is what matters, donating time is no less important. Welcome

Anything to beat the anti's. I say after we lick this whole carry issue we go after the full auto ban.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Member decals will be in the mail tomorrow. You should receive them Friday!
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Thank you Sir!

Thanks for joining.

Not to pressure you or anything, but Founding Members is open only until the end of the year.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I will try. Is it cumulative?
    Last edited by oak1971; 10-27-2010 at 11:18 PM.

I will try. Is it cumulative?
    Are you asking since you donated $15, can you only donate $85 to be a founding member? Yes!

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I'll try. I have 2 months.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Isn't it a bit late for the founders thing anyway? This site isn't new....

Isn't it a bit late for the founders thing anyway? This site isn't new....
    WCI is a separate entity from OCDO. You would become a founding member to WCI.

Gotcha!

Thumbs up Yes, Welcome To WCI!

Good to hear you joined! Looking forward to meeting you Friday night or Saturday in Illinois.

Carry on!

Is there a way to tell if one is a founding member? I donated $100 over a week's time, right after the Madison 5 incident. I don't know if that counted me as a founder or not.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    Is there a way to tell if one is a founding member? I donated $100 over a week's time, right after the Madison 5 incident. I don't know if that counted me as a founder or not.
    I would email nik@wisconsincarry.org and give him your information. Normally they figure it out by themselves, however, with the recent uptick in membership, something might of slipped through the cracks. They will make it right, however.

Talking I think you would have to ask Nik about the "Founders" membership???

Hmm....I guess you would have to email or PM Nik.

I have donated too but I donated to the legal fund, not my membership. I assumed I would have to specifically donate to my membership to be a founding member. I know....ASSUME .....LOL.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    Hmm....I guess you would have to email or PM Nik.

I have donated too but I donated to the legal fund, not my membership. I assumed I would have to specifically donate to my membership to be a founding member. I know....ASSUME .....LOL.
    I am 99% sure that ANY donations made up until midnight 12/31/2010 that totals $100 or more makes you a founders club member.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    I am 99% sure that ANY donations made up until midnight 12/31/2010 that totals $100 or more makes you a founders club member.
    Hmmm.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    Hmmm.
    Ain't spod'a bash other pro-gun org!

Who's bashing what Doug? Did I miss something?

We will recognize any donations totaling $100 or more in the first year as Founder's Club.

Since our first public announcement was Jan. 8th 2010, we consider that the year deadline for founder's club.

As donations came in for the Mad 5, we tried to note any that put people over the $100 level and move them to founders club. if we missed you, just send me an email nik@wisconsincarry.org and we'll look into it and fix it. We do have record of everything we've been sent so we can verify and adjust and re-assign you a new founders club number.

A few other thoughts. We didn't initiate Founders Club as a tool to encourage people to donate any more than they were comfortable. Rather, before we even had a "founders club" we had a few people right off the bat send in large contributions and I came up with founders club as a way to recognize them/say thank-you for their contribution.

People's money is hard-earned and we value every member the same, founders club or regular. At the end of the day, action is more important than money. The more people willing to act, the less you need money and the more power you have to affect change just in numbers of people.

Many people make large contributions to the cause of freedom in Wisconsin without being a member of WCI at all. They should be proud of their efforts.
    Please do not give more than you have disposable just to be a "founders club" member. Your early participation in our organization will always be documented by your member number (each of which are assigned sequentially) so low member numbers will always denote early joining.

It is also noteworthy that as 2010 is our founding year, ANYONE who has a 2010 member decal will have a permanent symbol of your joining in the founding year.

2010 member decals will never be produced again after this year so for people looking for a keepsake that is a good one. If anyone needs an additional decal (perhaps if you put both of yours on a vehicle and you want one extra for a keepsake) just mail me a self-addressed stamped envelope and $1 to

Wisconsin Carry, Inc
    PO Box 270403
    Milwaukee, WI 53227

Make sure to have a self-addressed stamped envelope in the envelope you send to me and I'll drop a decal in it and send it off. I also usually have decals at events, so just ask if you see me at one.

But again, money is hard-earned, don't feel pressure to send enough to hit founders club if you are tight on money or even if you just have other things you'd rather spend it on. Your 2010 member decal can always be a keepsake of your founding participation.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Thanks for joining.

Not to pressure you or anything, but Founding Members is open only until the end of the year.
    then no longer available at all?
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Who's bashing what Doug? Did I miss something?
    Doug is. Since Doug is anti-WCI he read J.Gleason's post with his bias which led him to assume J.Gleason was bashing.

Of course J.Gleason wasn't, he's a valued member and probably was just considering whether he wanted to do the founder's club thing.

Doug snipes at me and WCI all the time. Its cool. Not a biggie. I don't address Doug because I've learned that this is the internet and there is NO point in addressing your bashers. NONE. On the internet there is no way to win an argument. If you think someone has you wrong, you can respond to address it, but if that doesn't clear things up, from that point forward, NO point in defending yourself. This is the internet and the people with the most free time to post will always get the last word. Engaging them will only extend, never resolve the conflict and muck up the board for everyone else.

if you want to bash someone, do it over PM. (of course usually people really don't want to bash the person in private, there is no attention in that, and the real purpose of bashing online is to show off in front of others)

There is a lot of bullcrap on this forum along with the good information, and there is no way to head it off the bullcrap by engaging it, the only way is to ignore it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast