• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just became a member

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
We will recognize any donations totaling $100 or more in the first year as Founder's Club.

Since our first public announcement was Jan. 8th 2010, we consider that the year deadline for founder's club.

As donations came in for the Mad 5, we tried to note any that put people over the $100 level and move them to founders club. if we missed you, just send me an email nik@wisconsincarry.org and we'll look into it and fix it. We do have record of everything we've been sent so we can verify and adjust and re-assign you a new founders club number.

A few other thoughts. We didn't initiate Founders Club as a tool to encourage people to donate any more than they were comfortable. Rather, before we even had a "founders club" we had a few people right off the bat send in large contributions and I came up with founders club as a way to recognize them/say thank-you for their contribution.

People's money is hard-earned and we value every member the same, founders club or regular. At the end of the day, action is more important than money. The more people willing to act, the less you need money and the more power you have to affect change just in numbers of people.

Many people make large contributions to the cause of freedom in Wisconsin without being a member of WCI at all. They should be proud of their efforts.
Please do not give more than you have disposable just to be a "founders club" member. Your early participation in our organization will always be documented by your member number (each of which are assigned sequentially) so low member numbers will always denote early joining.

It is also noteworthy that as 2010 is our founding year, ANYONE who has a 2010 member decal will have a permanent symbol of your joining in the founding year.

2010 member decals will never be produced again after this year so for people looking for a keepsake that is a good one. If anyone needs an additional decal (perhaps if you put both of yours on a vehicle and you want one extra for a keepsake) just mail me a self-addressed stamped envelope and $1 to

Wisconsin Carry, Inc
PO Box 270403
Milwaukee, WI 53227

Make sure to have a self-addressed stamped envelope in the envelope you send to me and I'll drop a decal in it and send it off. I also usually have decals at events, so just ask if you see me at one.

But again, money is hard-earned, don't feel pressure to send enough to hit founders club if you are tight on money or even if you just have other things you'd rather spend it on. Your 2010 member decal can always be a keepsake of your founding participation.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Who's bashing what Doug? Did I miss something?

Doug is. Since Doug is anti-WCI he read J.Gleason's post with his bias which led him to assume J.Gleason was bashing.

Of course J.Gleason wasn't, he's a valued member and probably was just considering whether he wanted to do the founder's club thing.

Doug snipes at me and WCI all the time. Its cool. Not a biggie. I don't address Doug because I've learned that this is the internet and there is NO point in addressing your bashers. NONE. On the internet there is no way to win an argument. If you think someone has you wrong, you can respond to address it, but if that doesn't clear things up, from that point forward, NO point in defending yourself. This is the internet and the people with the most free time to post will always get the last word. Engaging them will only extend, never resolve the conflict and muck up the board for everyone else.

if you want to bash someone, do it over PM. (of course usually people really don't want to bash the person in private, there is no attention in that, and the real purpose of bashing online is to show off in front of others)

There is a lot of bullcrap on this forum along with the good information, and there is no way to head it off the bullcrap by engaging it, the only way is to ignore it.

M

McX

dont forget to shop the wisconsin carry online store for shirts, and such. These items will undoubtedly one day be collectable, and you can point with pride to them, and to being there during the most historic of days.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Well Said

And please keep in mind folks that if you do PM or Email someone that person may indeed POST it on the forum or anywhere else on the Internet as another way to attack someone.

phred

.... there is NO point in addressing your bashers. NONE. On the internet there is no way to win an argument. If you think someone has you wrong, you can respond to address it, but if that doesn't clear things up, from that point forward, NO point in defending yourself. This is the internet and the people with the most free time to post will always get the last word. Engaging them will only extend, never resolve the conflict and muck up the board for everyone else.

if you want to bash someone, do it over PM. (of course usually people really don't want to bash the person in private, there is no attention in that, and the real purpose of bashing online is to show off in front of others)

There is a lot of bullcrap on this forum along with the good information, and there is no way to head it off the bullcrap by engaging it, the only way is to ignore it.

Nik, you must be a great carpenter. You hit the nail on the head, again.

Thanks