• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Revision to Spokane City and Park code in the works

bennie1986

I finally got word back from the Police Ombudsman regarding the issue I had a Manito Park in Spokane this summer. As a result of the complaint I filed with the Spokane Police Ombudsman, and I'm sure the local media attn. our picnic got, I have learned that the City of Spokane is in the process to changing the ordinance that prohibits guns in our city parks. I have requested the email that was sent to the Ombudsman regarding this resolution but have yet to receive it, its been less that 12hrs at this point, I will update this thread with a copy when I get it. I'm personally will remain a bit skeptical that they are really doing anything about this until I see the change happen but we'll see.

BobR

Good work Ben, although I will remain somewhat pessimistic until I see the final product. I just have a hard time trusting those guys!

bob

amlevin

The City probably was dragging their feet, waiting until they saw the results of Seattle's visit to court over park gun bans. Their loss, as well as the McDonald decision probably made them realize that they were sitting on a rotten plank.

Keep in mind that all political animals like to "save face" so when they do come into compliance with State Law, of course it will all be their idea.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I finally got word back from the Police Ombudsman regarding the issue I had a Manito Park in Spokane this summer. As a result of the complaint I filed with the Spokane Police Ombudsman, and I'm sure the local media attn. our picnic got, I have learned that the City of Spokane is in the process to changing the ordinance that prohibits guns in our city parks. I have requested the email that was sent to the Ombudsman regarding this resolution but have yet to receive it, its been less that 12hrs at this point, I will update this thread with a copy when I get it. I'm personally will remain a bit skeptical that they are really doing anything about this until I see the change happen but we'll see.

bennie you have the ball moving now, it is time to dribble it down the court by looking into the city council meetings as they will likely have a public comment portion before anything passes.
To ensure it moves along and is amended I would one contact the council and show up for public comment. I missed one time do to illness and had to readdress the issue again.

bennie1986

bennie you have the ball moving now, it is time to dribble it down the court by looking into the city council meetings as they will likely have a public comment portion before anything passes.
To ensure it moves along and is amended I would one contact the council and show up for public comment. I missed one time do to illness and had to readdress the issue again.

Good idea I will keep my eye on the city council.

fetch

What was presented to the council, about 4 years ago, was a packet of information of state gun laws,RCW, etc. Each council member, city attorney, and clerk was given one. This is so it can be entered into the records and they can't say they didn't get one. The current city council, all but one, consists of feel good, UN agenda implementation types. (Costing tax payers money. but that is for a different time.)
The main thing is to make sure they know that don't have a choice but to follow state law. Yes, there will be public comment on changes made to the municipal codes. But pay attention, I missed comment on one because they lumped a bunch of changes together.
Also the mayor has recently joined MAIG.