Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Officers to File Lawsuit Against Badger Guns, TodaysTMJ4.com & JSOnline.com

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Officers to File Lawsuit Against Badger Guns, TodaysTMJ4.com & JSOnline.com

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/105945943.html
    The officers however believe the gun store should pay.
    http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/wat...105900253.html
    The 40-page lawsuit, ..., calls Badger Guns and Badger Outdoors "one of the most notorious gun dealers in America" and says it consistently sells guns that end up in the hands of criminals.
    There will always be a worst, until there are none.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Yep - guns don't kill people, people that sell guns do.

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    Yep - guns don't kill people, people that sell guns do.
    I know. Here's a radical idea, sue the person who was the straw buyer and then the guy who shot them! How about suing the gun too?! They seem to control the people who hold them.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

The State of Wisconsin approved the firearm transaction through the background check. Should Wisconsin be part of the lawsuit too?

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
    The State of Wisconsin approved the firearm transaction through the background check. Should Wisconsin be part of the lawsuit too?
    And the federal government!

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Wasn't this already settled for firearms manufacturers? Could that federal law apply?

As a FFL dealer I know the pain it is to keep your license and keep from going to jail .Badger Guns is a target for anti's. If they were intentionally selling to felons or STRAW buyers they're heads would have been on the ATF chopping block. A lot of people buy from that store,all legal as far as FBI NICS and WI DOJ's HANDGUN HOT LINE! If these people knowingly sold to felons or made straw purchases go after them.Badger I believe has a policy of charging $100 for a denial from nics or handgun hot-line and I'm thinking of doing the same. If LE knows the gun came from Badger then they know who bought it,so why waste time with Badger .All they want is BADGER GONE! The who's next? sorry for the rant but it pisses me off
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Banned
    This is a law suit that will go no where. A weak attempt for the Anti's to fight back in a war they know they can not win.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    It is no different from any other advocacy keeping its face in the media to garner/cozen investor donors.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Isn't this issue already addressed in case law?

I recall a case where the phone company wasn't liable for crimes committed using the phone.

Lets sue EVERY liquor store or bar that sells anyone alcohol who later gets in an accident.

Lawsuits like this are everything that is wrong with America. Misplaced accountability.

We have individual rights, and therefore are individually accountable.

If I could play keyboard attorney for a moment.

Unless Badger Guns/Outdoors was negligent in selling a gun to someone who was not legally allowed to own/possess one, I can't imagine a court will hold them liable.

A couple things I note:

First, our nanny government has imposed a myriad of laws governing background checks, straw purchases, and sale of handguns all in an attempt to keep guns out of the hands of criminals (or perhaps just to score political points) I digress...

With all the scrutiny on Badger Guns and onslaught of media attacks from Milwaukee news media, the city of Milwaukee, and the Milwaukee Police Department, HAD there been even the slightest bit of evidence Badger Outdoors or Badger Guns had broken any laws, they would surely have already had their FFL pulled and/or had criminal charges filed against them. Since they have NOT, thats pretty solid de facto proof no laws were broken.

All that aside, this is just further proof that our nanny government with its incessant legislative attempts to prevent crime by imposing cumbersome restrictions on the law abiding (background checks, etc) DIDN'T accomplish intended goals.

In a civil case, I believe the burden will rest on the plaintiffs to prove negligence or willful conduct that Badger Guns/Outdoors had reason to believe a sale they were making would lead to a gun ending up in the hands of a criminal who would use it to shoot THESE defendants.

With SO many laws requiring background checks, making straw purchases illegal, etc. I find it hard to believe any evidence exists that will give this suit any weight because if that evidence did exist, criminal charges would have already been filed AND/OR their FFL been pulled.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

I hope this case gets thrown out. Between standing, merits, and case law, it should not see the light of day. They have been after Bager for years.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

I think I'll have to head over to badger and buy another gun just to show my support.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

McX
    buy one that i would like.

I want to be first on the jury.
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    buy one that i would like.
    Thats easy enough!

McX
    This is truly puke-able. make the machine responsible for the actions of the user. no better yet, make the place that sold the machine responsible for the actions of the user. shove the barf bucket over here- i need it, my turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman View Post
    I think I'll have to head over to badger and buy another gun just to show my support.
    Sooo ... Are we having a "gun buying" meet up this saturday???

McX
    Sooo ... Are we having a "gun buying" meet up this saturday???
    only if you are buying them for me.

only if you are buying them for me.
    Saved by the straw buying law!

McX
    if i was buying straw, i'd have a horse. i'll strike my comment.....looks left, looks right.....actually i'm pretty good right now. you guys go ahead, but then drop by the shop so i can see what you got!

Centurion
    Buying a gift for someone LEGALLY ELIGIBLE to own a firearm IS NOT a straw purchase.... Look at the 4473 FORM INSTRUCTIONS!

if i was buying straw, i'd have a horse. i'll strike my comment.....looks left, looks right.....actually i'm pretty good right now. you guys go ahead, but then drop by the shop so i can see what you got!
    They will only be able to show you pictures.... remember background checks , cooling period...

Thumbs up That's Right!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Buying a gift for someone LEGALLY ELIGIBLE to own a firearm IS NOT a straw purchase.... Look at the 4473 FORM INSTRUCTIONS!
    You can buy a gun for anyone that can legally possess it. That is correct. It is only a straw purchase when the purchase is to provide a gun to someone who CANNOT legally possess it.

I'll take another Glock please!

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    You can buy a gun for anyone that can legally possess it. That is correct. It is only a straw purchase when the purchase is to provide a gun to someone who CANNOT legally possess it.

I'll take another Glock please!
    I'll take another XD, but I want to add a FNP-45 to my collection.

Ch. 4 called me for an interview, taped it with them about 10 minutes ago. Should run on CH. 4 at 5 and 6:30

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast