• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Officers to File Lawsuit Against Badger Guns, TodaysTMJ4.com & JSOnline.com

ayce2

if i was buying straw, i'd have a horse. i'll strike my comment.....looks left, looks right.....actually i'm pretty good right now. you guys go ahead, but then drop by the shop so i can see what you got!

They will only be able to show you pictures.... remember background checks , cooling period...

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
That's Right!

Buying a gift for someone LEGALLY ELIGIBLE to own a firearm IS NOT a straw purchase.... Look at the 4473 FORM INSTRUCTIONS!

You can buy a gun for anyone that can legally possess it. That is correct. It is only a straw purchase when the purchase is to provide a gun to someone who CANNOT legally possess it.

I'll take another Glock please! :)

protias

You can buy a gun for anyone that can legally possess it. That is correct. It is only a straw purchase when the purchase is to provide a gun to someone who CANNOT legally possess it.

I'll take another Glock please! :)
I'll take another XD, but I want to add a FNP-45 to my collection.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/watchdogreports/106253963.html

Looks like the an uphill battle for the lawsuit the Brady Bunch filed against Badger.

Congress passed a law in 2005 that limited civil lawsuits against gun dealers, manufacturers and other firearms-related businesses.

"The federal law looks like a significant obstacle unless facts come out this seller on this occasion knowingly violated federal law or sold to someone they knew would misuse it," said Harvard University Law Professor John Goldberg.

Halbrook argued a dealer's gun traces is misleading because police may trace every gun they seize, even if they aren't from a crime scene. The more important factor, he said, is if the gun dealer is following the law.

Such lawsuits, even if unsuccessful, are a strategic attack on the dealers, he said.

"A lot of these cases are to harass the store to pay attorney fees and drive them out of business," Halbrook said.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Badger should demand attorneys fees when they "answer" the complaint. That way there, when the judge dismisses these two officer( and I mean go after them directly) will be stuck holding the bill. :)

AaronS

Badger should demand attorneys fees when they "answer" the complaint. That way there, when the judge dismisses these two officer( and I mean go after them directly) will be stuck holding the bill. :)

I agree 100%. It is the only way to stop this kind of stuff.
Also great job on TV Nic. It was short, but you did a good job again, thanks.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I agree 100%. It is the only way to stop this kind of stuff.
Also great job on TV Nic. It was short, but you did a good job again, thanks.

I was very frustrated with the short clip they used.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/106147218.html

I expect that the news only uses one comment from an interview, but usually they do a good job of using the whole comment.

I offered several comments to Ch. 4

The comment they chose to use they cut the first half off of.

I commented something to the effect of: Everyone who buys a gun has to by law pass a government background check. With all the attention on Badger guns if they had broken any laws, their license would have been pulled so..
"I'm sure that badger guns did nothing illegal, but the people who should be responsible here are the individuals that committed the crime"

They only used the part in italics.

Oh well.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
I could not find the video, so here is the article: http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/106147218.html

From the article:

Quote: "A potentially precedent-setting lawsuit was filed in Milwaukee on Thursday." Huh?? Been tried before. Just part of the continuing Brady anti-2nd Amendment campaign.

http://www.bradycenter.com/xshare/pdf/lap/articles/vice-avoiding-dismissal.pdf

Quote: “Responsible gun stores would not sell a heroin-addicted gang member a semiautomatic assault weapon,” said Daniel Vice of the Brady Center To Prevent Gun Violence Legal Action Project, co-counsel in the lawsuit."

Huh?? Someone comes into a business & the clerk is to know that they are a "heroin-addicted gang member" ?

Huh?? "assault weapon" What's an assault weapon??

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Responsible liquor stores do not sell booze to alcoholics!

Unless an alcoholic stumbles into the store knocking over displays and staggering about, how would you know an alcoholic from not?

Are gun store clerks trained to spot heroin addicts? Do gun stores have a list of "gang members"

The nanny government spends all this money on the NICS, if it comes back clean, how in the world is a store clerk to know a guy is a heroin addicted drug addict.

its VERY clear from the Brady Campaign presser in front of the courthouse yesterday that they are orchestrating a smear campaign to prejudice the jury pool and are going to try to try this case in the court of public opinion using information that has been gathered after-the-fact that Badger couldn't have known before they try it in a court of law.

Shameful.

Last edited:

littlewolf

Straw purchase

A STRAW purchase is lying on the ATF form as to the IDENTY of the ACTUAL BUYER this is a FELONY w/ max of 10 yrs and $250,000 fine.

So if they traced the guns involved in the shooting of these two officers to Badger and eventually to the straw buyer, is the straw buyer behind bars as an accessory in the shooting ? Did he pay the fine $250 k ?
or does Badger have to PAY for a good lawyer and shell out hard earned cash and go broke . The last time I was there a couple of week ago the place looked pathetic compaired to years ago. GO Broke is what they want, it's to bad those guys got shot but They should be counter sued for harassment. Could it be they have someone in their ear putting them up to this ? Sound like it to me . Dealers, Manufacturers and others in this industry are already protected from frivolous lawsuits and this is whats going on here....

johnny amish

Aritictles like this I find troublesome. Most of the public won't understand the process required to buy a firearm and assume that Badger Guns is willing to sell directly to the BG.

How can Badger Guns possibly be responsible for what happens with the firearm once it leaves the store?

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I stopped in and talked with the owner yesterday. He's a good guy and sounds like he's got lots of support from around the country.

MPD has had it out for Badger Guns for years. With that kind of scrutiny, yet no action from the BATF nor Milwaukee County DA, I think that speaks volumes about how tight of a ship Badger runs.

Although the media blitz against Badger has been intense, I think its clear to most gun owners that these sensational soundbites the Brady Bunch lawyers throw out there are misleading.

Especially the "gun trace" statistics. From what I've read, the way those statistics are tracked, WCI'S OWN members who have been unlawfully detained by the police and the serial numbers run on their guns, that counts as a "gun trace".

So the Brady Bunch trying to equate 4000 gun traces to 4000 crimes is definitely not accurate. But it sure makes for good headlines in the newspaper...

Ivan Sample

I was born and raised in Wisconsin for thrity-seven years. I moved to Louisville, ky and I love here and would never move back to Wisconsin (liberal) State. Due to the fact that they violating your Constitutional Right. the 2nd Admendment. I read horror stories about citizens being killed, rob, and mug there. All due to the fact that Wisconsin will not give the citizen the right to bear arms. If they which to allow CCDW permits-I think some of the crime will go down due to the fact that predators will have to think twice about their felonous actions. They wouldn't know who is packing and run the risk of shot or maybe killed. Don't get me wrong now, I know any where ever you go there is going to be crime but Wisconsin is crazy. You can't protect yourself or your love ones from danger. But still they want you to call LE when something goes wrong, by then its to late. If I was a Wisconsinite I will be mad as hell about the situation.

If I step on anyone toes in here I will apologize up front but something got to give and If its up to LE it will be the law-abiding citizen who works hard for the things they have. For some thug to come and just take it all and reak havoc on a family. Like I said early I am so glad that I got the hell out Wisconsin and have the freedom of protecting my love ones if something which to happen. Good luck Wisconsinites.

Last edited:

J.Gleason

Banned
I was born and raised in Wisconsin for thrity-seven years. I moved to Louisville, ky and I love here and would never move back to Wisconsin (liberal) State. Due to the fact that they violating your Constitutional Right. the 2nd Admendment. I read horror stories about citizens being killed, rob, and mug there. All due to the fact that Wisconsin will not give the citizen the right to bear arms. If they which to allow CCDW permits-I think some of the crime will go down due to the fact that predators will have to think twice about their felonous actions. They wouldn't know who is packing and run the risk of shot or maybe killed. Don't get me wrong now, I know any where ever you go there is going to be crime but Wisconsin is crazy. You can't protect yourself or your love ones from danger. But still they want you to call LE when something goes wrong, by then its to late. If I was a Wisconsinite I will be mad as hell about the situation.

If I step on anyone toes in here I will apologize up front but something got to give and If its up to LE it will be the law-abiding citizen who works hard for the things they have. For some thug to come and just take it all and reak havoc on a family. Like I said early I am so glad that I got the hell out Wisconsin and have the freedom of protecting my love ones if something which to happen. Good luck Wisconsinites.

+1000 and I live here

I stopped at Badger guns yesterday as I was in town and looking for that .223 ammo that I posted about in a different thread. The store did look emptier from the last I was in there back in 07. Its a shame. I'm confident Badger will win. We should hold a fundraiser for legal fees for these guys.
I did see a really nice M1 Carbine and a folding stocked SPAS-12 that I would have loved to walk out of there with.

paul@paul-fisher.com

All due to the fact that Wisconsin will not give the citizen the right to bear arms.

You have been reading the NRA propaganda too much. We have it much better than a lot of states.

1. We can buy as many guns as we want.
2. There are no limits on capacity.
3. There is no gun or person registration.
4. We can open carry in most of the state without harassment. Madison and Milwaukee being the 2 major exceptions.

Don't get me wrong, we need to get rid of restrictions on concealed carry, car carry, park carry, bar carry and GFSZ but we are better than CA, NY and many other states.

Last edited: