Thread: Traveling to Huntsville

Traveling to Huntsville

I am traveling to Huntsville in mid-November. Any problems with OC in the area? I have a valid Utah Concealed Carry permit but would rather open carry.

Thanks in advance...

Banned
    We have lots of folks from the Huntsville area on ALOC.

The Forums link is in the upper right.

I looked but I'm still not sure. Reading about some of the stories almost makes it not worth it. I will probably CC...now off to the TSA guidelines..

Open Carry is legal in Alabama, period! Unfortunately, some LEOs don't know it or don't like it and may harass you over it. CC is safe if you have a valid state concealed license that Alabama accepts for reciprocity sake. Many of us carry openly, especially since Huntsville (Madison County) and surrounding counties seem to have been made aware of our presence. Also, since many in LE don't bother us because they know that we are familiar with the laws of the state concerning open carry and can quote them verbatim. But, don't worry about that. Carry as you wish, where you can and I hope you can attend one or more of our meetings while in AL. For more info, stop by Alabama Open Carry and check out our meetings schedule. We'd be glad to have you meet with us...OC, CC or NC. As someone who lived in MD while stationed in the DC area (Suitland, MD) all I can say is "Welcome to Alabama!"
    Last edited by AL Ranger; 10-28-2010 at 09:08 PM.
    Check out my home page @ www.alabamaopencarry.com and Carry On!