• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling to Huntsville

Coolchoc

I am traveling to Huntsville in mid-November. Any problems with OC in the area? I have a valid Utah Concealed Carry permit but would rather open carry.

Thanks in advance...

Coolchoc

I looked but I'm still not sure. Reading about some of the stories almost makes it not worth it. I will probably CC...now off to the TSA guidelines..

AL Ranger

Open Carry is legal in Alabama, period! Unfortunately, some LEOs don't know it or don't like it and may harass you over it. CC is safe if you have a valid state concealed license that Alabama accepts for reciprocity sake. Many of us carry openly, especially since Huntsville (Madison County) and surrounding counties seem to have been made aware of our presence. Also, since many in LE don't bother us because they know that we are familiar with the laws of the state concerning open carry and can quote them verbatim. But, don't worry about that. Carry as you wish, where you can and I hope you can attend one or more of our meetings while in AL. For more info, stop by Alabama Open Carry and check out our meetings schedule. We'd be glad to have you meet with us...OC, CC or NC. As someone who lived in MD while stationed in the DC area (Suitland, MD) all I can say is "Welcome to Alabama!"

Last edited: