• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walker - Disorderly Conduct Law needs revision

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I agree with Scott in concept with what he is saying. My only issue is that JB Van Hollen ALREADY CLARIFIED the DC statute.

:banghead:

If cities like Madison who GOT the memo are going to ignore it, what we need is not clarification, its punishment for the cities that IGNORE the clarification that was already issued.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I agree with Scott in concept with what he is saying. My only issue is that JB Van Hollen ALREADY CLARIFIED the DC statute.

:banghead:

If cities like Madison who GOT the memo are going to ignore it, what we need is not clarification, its punishment for the cities that IGNORE the clarification that was already issued.

I agree!!

I do disagree with Walker, however, that concealed carry will eliminate the problem.

Some ninny will still call the cops because my t-shirt doesn't always fit over my fat ass and my gun will pop out. The police need to know how to deal with it properly no matter what.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I agree!!

I do disagree with Walker, however, that concealed carry will eliminate the problem.

Some ninny will still call the cops because my t-shirt doesn't always fit over my fat ass and my gun will pop out. The police need to know how to deal with it properly no matter what.

Indeed. conceal carry will mask the problem in many cases, but won't solve the problem.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Except for a few of the colder months, concealed carry won't matter to me either. I OC today, will tomorrow, and intend to continue to OC after WI has CCW.

protias

I agree!!

I never found a good way to CC. If at 3 o clock, my lub handles receive too much pressure from my holster and I get some chaffing, evening with an undershirt. If somewhere between 3-6 o clock, I print. And there is no way I'm carrying 12-3 o clock!

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Yup, I agree. For me personally, OC is the most practical most of the time.

In the winter I'll throw a jacket on that may partially conceal. If I'm going to a crowded event where there is shoulder to shoulder people (concert/festival) I'll likely get an armpit holster and go concealed, but most of the time OC is just the most practical way to carry.

I think people who don't carry at all now, will realize as soon as they start to CC (when that becomes legal) that they will want a choice of how to carry depending on the situation and not want government telling them how they HAVE to carry.

Spartacus

Banned
I agree with Scott in concept with what he is saying. My only issue is that JB Van Hollen ALREADY CLARIFIED the DC statute....

Right.

It makes me nervous when lawmakers seek to "clarify" a statute as they can also bungle it up even further. The DC statute was one of the ones I was tried for and found not guilty of and the language was exceptionally written and very clear.

It takes a real effort to be disorderly and any "clarification" may only muddy the water.

Captain Nemo

Spartacus got this one right. Too often when politicians set out to build a horse we end up with a camel.

The solution of conceal carry v open carry is recind statute 941.23 so we have what Article I section 25 intended, CHOICE of CARRY.

oak1971

I agree!!

CC is nice, but until everyone gets used to guns in public, we all will run the risk of unwarranted hassles.

We shouldn't need a permit for either.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
CC is nice, but until everyone gets used to guns in public, we all will run the risk of unwarranted hassles.

In my own personal experience and and a year and a half of keeping up with the experiences of other OC'ers in Wisconsin the ONLY hassles I've ever heard of associated with OC were instigated by the police. All other interactions definitely don't rise anywhere close to the level of hassles.

AaronS

I thought I had seen that Walker would sign the first CC bill that crosses his desk. Just thinking, has anyone started to write this bill? I would think that the state would respect a bill handed to it from its own people. If we do not put it togeather, I bet outside people will "help" make it for us. I would also bet if the bill is not from us, a permit will be installed into law. I would love to draw this bill up, but I do not have the skill or understanding of law that is needed.
Any takers?

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I thought I had seen that Walker would sign the first CC bill that crosses his desk. Just thinking, has anyone started to write this bill? I would think that the state would respect a bill handed to it from its own people. If we do not put it togeather, I bet outside people will "help" make it for us. I would also bet if the bill is not from us, a permit will be installed into law. I would love to draw this bill up, but I do not have the skill or understanding of law that is needed.
Any takers?

Considering there is en election next tuesday that will send a while new assembly and half of the state senate to Madison we don't even know who will be where until tuesday.

Come Wednesday we should know who is in and immediately set out to find ONE legislator willing to introduce a repeal of 941.23.

Unfortunately the "state" doesn't respect anything handed to it from its people. There is a legislative process and we could certainly offer language to a bill to a legislator to introduce.

A repeal of 941.23 seems to be pretty basic language in my opinion. We just need to see who's in on Wednesday and start ringing phones and making contact .

oak1971

In my own personal experience and and a year and a half of keeping up with the experiences of other OC'ers in Wisconsin the ONLY hassles I've ever heard of associated with OC were instigated by the police. All other interactions definitely don't rise anywhere close to the level of hassles.

The police aren't the only ones I'm concerned with. Problem is, one person with a bug up their butt and a cell phone can send the police my way to hassle and or arrest me. It's both the cell phone gestapo and the Police who need to be desensitized.

aadvark

Some States: Utah, Arizona, and others; have already passed an Open Carry Bill that specifically allows:
1. Persons to Openly Carry Firearms, AND
2. To communicate to another that the Firearm is being Openly Carried.
*** Open Carry is Legal anyway, these Laws were passed to protect against Disorderly and Reckless Conduct Charges. ***

J.Gleason

Banned
Ahhh but an assemblyman can bring forward a state assemby bill (AB) to the table for legislation, which if passed then goes on to the state senate where the bill then picks up sponsors in the senate. From there if it passes it is drafted into law and then signed or vetoed by the Governor.

My suggestion, if waiting until after election, start with Krista Burns.
Hell ask her now so she can get things started.

Last edited: