Thread: E-mail I recieved from Seatac Police officer

E-mail I recieved from Seatac Police officer

Just recieved this today from xxxxxxx Seatac police...

Hey Jim how are you? its been so stinking busy in police work that I keep forgetting to e-mail you. We are really suffering out here with bare minimum staffing levels. The budget cuts are hitting law enforcement agencies hard. I just feel so bad for the people we serve, because there isn’t enough cops and there are more and more bad guys.

Anyway. So when are you doing your next open carry get together. I want to be there for sure. I am so for the open carry laws. And I am so sorry that some officers aren’t educated enough to know better than stop people with a gun just because some uneducated citizen gets scared because they see one. So I apologize for those officers, because I am 110% for our 2nd amendment and the open carry laws.

We were just discussing it amongst some of our cops and I love it. I’d love to talk to you about it some more some time and I will definitely get as many cops to your get together as I can next time you do it.

Hope all is well and stay safe, I got to run to another call.

Master Police Officer xxxxxxx
    Seatac Police/King County Sheriffs Office

4800 s 188th St

Seatac, Wa. 98188
    Last edited by DEROS72; 10-28-2010 at 03:46 PM.

This is so sweet. We need to plan a get together very soon and take advantage of this. Maybe early December?
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

He sounds like a good man.

What about our second Saturday meet? Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know we are still getting together the second Saturday in November. Someone suggested that we get together again at the Denny's in Federal Way at 9am, as we did this month. I think that is an excellent idea; we can't all fit in Starbucks and the weather is getting colder and wetter, don't want to stand in the rain and cold to drink coffee.

Thoughts? Comments? Ideas?
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

I sent him a reply offering to get together.He works graveyard and I offered to work around his schedule and I will certainly throw that out there about the saturday meet. I did delete his name untill I'm sure he's ok with that.I have talked to him a couple of times and he is deffinately one of the good guys.

Thanks for posting that, Deros, he sounds like a good guy. I'm sure he appreciates you respecting his privacy. If the second Saturday doesn't work for him, perhaps we can plan an additional meet that fits his schedule.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

... Just one of the countless police officers in this state who do amazing work everyday... and we never get to hear about THEM because it's not NEWS

Regular Member WinchesterModel12's Avatar
    Maybe a get together shortly after he gets off work.
    I work graveyard also and it's tough to juggle family time and all the other stuff.
    If guns kill people......then all of mine are defective........ UNCLE TED

This is the reply I recieved from this officer after I responded to him this morning.I thought he worked graves but evidently he has moved to swing shift.I sent him some photos of our Willow Lake meet..

Jim,

I love it. Nice pictures too. I absolutely love oue 2nd amendment and the open carry laws, most of the police officers (at least our King County Sheriff’s Office) are aware of the laws and respect them. Maybe some of the new guys may not but we do our best to teach it.

I’d be happy to meet with you and your folks and discuss things. My schedule is 2PM to 10PM so I would have to work around that.

Of course when I start writing, I get a call, so I’ll talk to you later but keep up the good work in educating people.

Maybe they'd be willing to have a meet at their office? *kidding*

I'd be up for a meet that worked around their schedule. Have him invite some of his workmates.

The way it should be

Our first Kitsap picnic looked like it was going to be a cluster with activity from some of the Kitsap Sheriff Dept. With a lot of help in the background from several members, it turned out great.

Ajetpilot and Cpl Bob Millard

This is the letter I sent to the Sheriff.Sheriff Steve Boyer
    Kitsap County, Washington

On 13 July, 2008, 35 of my friends and myself held a picnic at Long Lake Park. Each of us carried a firearm, peacefully and openly as an effort in support of our God given and Constitutionally protected right to bear arms as enumerated in article 1 section 24 of the Washington State Constitution. The picnic was a success, as there were no incidents that caused or warranted alarm for other persons using the park on that day. This was the response we desired and expected.

At various times during the day, Lt. John Sprague, Cpl. Bob Millard and Deputy Dave Anderson also were in attendance. Their presence was expected and at the same time welcome but somewhat unnecessary. They are to be commended for their professionalism and demeanor. I would expect and encourage that a copy of this letter be placed in their respective personnel files.

As members of OpenCarry.Org, our purpose is to educate the public in general and the occasional ill informed Law Enforcement Officer, in particular, that bad guys are not the only ones who carry guns. After all, gun free zones are victim rich zones. This is not to imply that we want to be anything other than just normal persons who carry guns for their own and family protection, at the same time hoping that occasion never arises.

I am enclosing a training bulletin from the Federal Way Police Department, and some background information for your perusal, in the hope that your department will also develop and issue a similar document.

James R. Milner
    Port Orchard, Wa. 98366

Kitsap has been good ever since.
    Last edited by Trigger Dr; 10-28-2010 at 10:28 PM.

Would I have to leave my SECURITY badge at home?

Only if you wear a purple shirt, Squeak.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    The 2nd Saturday meet IS still on and I'd love to meet your police friend.As Ruby said, plan on meeting at Denny's @ 9:00 just like last time. Depending on the weather we may have to cut out the trip to Starbucks. I really don't feel like standing around in the rain.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

This was a nice read. It is encouraging to know one Sheriff's Office got it right. Can they send a trainer to the PCSO? I think they meet at a local Starbucks too.

This sounds like a true officer of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1124 View Post
    This sounds like a true officer of the law.
    If only every officer were that way. i blame it partly on uneducated citizens however.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzle2 View Post
    If only every officer were that way. i blame it partly on uneducated citizens however.
    I concur too many citizens don't force the errant officers to comply.

I like this officers attitude, I think one thing that can be discussed is how officers, can change departmental attitudes, by taking public stands.

But this would be a challenge for many good officers because it would put their jobs at stake, when they have to deal with their unions and political control nuts who happen to hire them. (I.E. mayors who make illegal gun laws)

We're having a meet in Lakewood on Sunday, November 7th. Would he be interested in joining us?

We need more men like him in our LE

Lakewood on Sunday

Where at and what time