• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bashing, or ...?

oak1971

You are my Huckleberry. lol

Actually I'm so very humble you wouldn't believe it. I do however have strong opinions as you know, and only to those who don't know me personally it may be mistaken for ego.

I would never however start a thread like Doug did here, having no other useful purpose on OCDO than to strut my stuff, it being painfully obvious to anyone that the stuff strutted is of no value whatsoever except to self-stroke the strutee.

I think we need a beer summit like Obama did.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Thank You all, for tonight i will have a smile on my face and a giggle in my heart .

So those of you who will be at the fish fry hear me under my breath singing a bash bash here or kumbaya.

WellThank You.

littlewolf

This is great stuff here on the VEIW , at first I thought it the WCI forum !you guys crack me up...

Tomas

Oh, I think I understood what he (Doug) said (similar to Protias). However if one takes "what Confucius says" at face value...

...then communicating in words and phrases that are not understandable by the average person leads to a dead end as far as continuing either the thought or the action.

Yep, by the average person. Remember that we are all equal - average - or we are not. Confucius was not average, nor was Karl Popper, nor is Angelo Codevilla. I guaranGoddamntee that I am not average, and I am making no effort to communicate at the average mean person.

Insisting on communication in words and phrases one doesn't expect to be understood by the majority of one's audience is simply pseudo-intellectual masturbation . . . whereas real communication is more like intercourse, in which the speaker or writer must seduce the mind of his audience each time. Those who won't deign to do that - or perhaps can't - are of course ineffective in communicating.

(Apologies to Heinlein...)

oak1971

Insisting on communication in words and phrases one doesn't expect to be understood by the majority of one's audience is simply pseudo-intellectual masturbation . . . whereas real communication is more like intercourse, in which the speaker or writer must seduce the mind of his audience each time. Those who won't deign to do that - or perhaps can't - are of course ineffective in communicating.

I concur.

hardballer

What he said!

Though, I cannot find a post with Doug attacking anyone except out of self defense, he may be obtuse at times but does provide some good info and doesn't appear to be out to hurt anyone. I don't have anyone on ignore and Doug would probably be very low on my list. There are others with more angst and inconsideration to be sure. What I do know from personal experience is that even those who may not exactly choose their words so wisely here, are the sort of men and women I am proud to stand with.

We don't exactly live in a happy world and we are not all happy campers for whatever reasons. We are; however, all... as far as I can see, of one mind about Open Carry and that suffices for me. Personality defects; of which I have a few, aside, We seem to be a good bunch of responsible and caring individuals from all walks of life and lifestyles and we need one another.

Carry on

Hardballer out!

Last edited:

oak1971

What he said!

Though, I cannot find a post with Doug attacking anyone except out of self defense, he may be obtuse at times but does provide some good info and doesn't appear to be out to hurt anyone. I don't have anyone on ignore and Doug would probably be very low on my list. There are others with more angst and inconsideration to be sure. What I do know from personal experience is that even those who may not exactly choose their words so wisely here, are the sort of men and women I am proud to stand with.

We don't exactly live in a happy world and we are not all happy campers for whatever reasons. We are; however, all... as far as I can see, of one mind about Open Carry and that suffices for me. Personality defects; of which I have a few, aside, We seem to be a good bunch of responsible and caring individuals from all walks of life and lifestyles and we need one another.

Carry on

Hardballer out!

He doesn't attack so much as obfuscate and annoy.

I took them both off of ignore anyway. The temptation was too great to resist.

wrightme

Yep, by the average person. Remember that we are all equal - average - or we are not. Confucius was not average, nor was Karl Popper, nor is Angelo Codevilla. I guaranGoddamntee that I am not average, and I am making no effort to communicate at the average mean person.
Maybe you should try that for once.

wrightme

Whoop, up jump de Debbil! Scutta scutta mal popo. Lucky for me I got my Iggy_List on. Ho ho ho. Barack to Dirty Harry Reid Land with you, you NRA you.
If you remain obtuse and insulting, you will remain uncommunicative.

By the way, for the record, I desire neither Barack or Reid. I desire open communication (clearly written for the average person) with persons of all viewpoints. But, communication moves TWO directions.

Spartacus

Banned
Whoop, up jump de Debbil! Scutta scutta mal popo. Lucky for me I got my Iggy_List on. Ho ho ho. Barack to Dirty Harry Reid Land with you, you NRA you.

Your Ignore List and 50 cents ain't worth the price of a cup of coffee. You ignore people you are unqualified to debate. I'm happy that works for you. Go ahead now and don't respond to this as I know I am on the list.

Hey Gleason, Doug is obviously making fun of black people. Italians and Santa Claus. Get right on this will you?

M

McX

uh oh, here we go again; Sparicus, get back down to the engine room, your job is there. Spock, quit picking on the humans, you know how that pisses them off.

Spartacus

Banned
"Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- Kirk

"I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain" -- Spock

"No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be" -- Kirk (The Apple)