• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is with the orange lately?

onlurker

I'm sure I missed the memo, probably because someone didn't attach the appropriate TPS cover sheet. Anyway, I don't understand what the thing is with painting parts of or all of your hardware orange. Google isn't being helpful, unless I want to learn about making PVC guns. Anyone care to enlighten?

Jack House

I'm sure I missed the memo, probably because someone didn't attach the appropriate TPS cover sheet. Anyway, I don't understand what the thing is with painting parts of or all of your hardware orange. Google isn't being helpful, unless I want to learn about making PVC guns. Anyone care to enlighten?
People are painting their guns, or parts of them, orange? :confused:

Jack House

The only instance I heard of was Kwik, and was under the impression that he only painted the tip of the gun.

The Glock actually looked kinda nice. I enjoy the color combination of black and orange. Though I wouldn't paint my gun like that!

Might not be anything more than people painting their guns any other color, maybe they just like the color orange? *shrugs*

eye95

It is because Auburn is #1 in the BCS. (BTW, as I type this, I am wearing an orange AU shirt.)

SFCRetired

A Alabama
U Usually
B Beats
U Us
R 'Round
N November

My loyalties? GO ARMY!! BEAT NAVY AND AIR FORCE!!!

Sorry bout that, eye, but I love baiting both Auburn and Alabama fans. If the players on either team had to meet the academic and height and weight standards of the players at the service academies, neither Alabama nor Auburn (and a lot of other civilian schools) would have a team.

jeeper1

Eye95 wrote,
Who ever heard of a purple tiger?
I don't know about that, but I do know of a purple, green, blue and red dinosaur.
odtsurprise.jpg

cbpeck

I seem to remember seeing Springfield XD magazines with orange baseplates that were marketed as LEO (Law Enforcement Only). Apparently cops really like orange and want to keep it for themselves. :confused:

Jack House

I seem to remember seeing Springfield XD magazines with orange baseplates that were marketed as LEO (Law Enforcement Only). Apparently cops really like orange and want to keep it for themselves. :confused:
:lol: Did they have a capacity higher than 10 rounds?