• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Downtown Seattle eucation opportunity...

TechnoWeenie

With the recent issues in Seattle, and the 'police are never there to help, only to clean up' attitude, I want a small group of people to come with me to downtown Seattle to provide a visible presence of those who take responsibility for their ow safety.

Nothing snazzy, probably wet.... Nothing more than a sign advocating protecting yourself, and handing out information to that effect (how to get CPL, laws pertaining to purchase/ownership, where to get training, etc)..

I'm shooting for tue or wed of next week.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Dress would be casual/dress-casual..

*and yeah, I realized I was typing too fast and missed a 'd'....

Last edited:

amzbrady

I wish ya would thought of this a month ago while we were still in Snohomish. I definitly would have joined ya for the day.
Probably wouldnt be a bad Idea to print out some copies of Warren v. District of Columbia. I think I would be using that case as a prime example of why citizens need to self protect and not rely so much on the police for their protection. I dont think very many people even know of that case or the outcome.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
With the recent issues in Seattle, and the 'police are never there to help, only to clean up' attitude, I want a small group of people to come with me to downtown Seattle to provide a visible presence of those who take responsibility for their ow safety.

Nothing snazzy, probably wet.... Nothing more than a sign advocating protecting yourself, and handing out information to that effect (how to get CPL, laws pertaining to purchase/ownership, where to get training, etc)..

I'm shooting for tue or wed of next week.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Dress would be casual/dress-casual..

*and yeah, I realized I was typing too fast and missed a 'd'....

How about the N or S :lol:

Good idea but please use spell check before printing :uhoh:

Signage could be something like "WE TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR PROTECTION"
or "I WOULD CARRY A COP BUT THEY ARE TO HEAVY" while carrying a dressed up dummy of a officer or "WHAT CAN REALLY HAPPEN IN A FEW MINUTES"...

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

This is a great idea!
We just gotta make sure not to inform the bad guys that OC is free and doesn't require a special permit. :)

This isn't just OC....

I'm thinking the 'gun owner/victim choose one' on a sign..

SelectOne.gif

Along with a list of local gun clubs, training, etc etc. on a small pamphlet.

TheJeepster

I'm asking this because I don't know.

Would a permit be required for this type of demonstration?

If looks like your going to pull it together, why try to get some media coverage.

amlevin

If looks like your going to pull it together, why try to get some media coverage.

Don't think so if your staying on the Sidewalk, not blocking pedestrian traffic, and not holding a "Parade".

I don't think any of those "The World Will End at 3:25 PM Tomorrow" types have or need any permits. Why would this group?

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

Really..

Since when do we need permits and licenses to exercise a right??

Oh... yeah... never mind...

No permit should be required. Staying on the sidewalk, not soliciting, not selling... Available to distribute information if requested.

I'm not requesting media attention. You know the spin they'll give it ..... They'll call us a bunch of vigilantes, trying to arm citizens to fight criminals..

jsanchez

Is there an RCW that says its against the law to protest while ocing? And is that different from Marketing while ocing.