• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'd like to hear the thoughts from all of you?

CharleyMarbles

OK so I had to take me Daughter to the emergency room today and apperently we have a new security director at our county hospital. So here's the deal he came in and "got serious" about security in the ER. I was told I had to remove my belt as it set off the metal detector. I don't have a problem if it is a real security measure but as the ER is accesable from the other side of the hospital the "security" is Flawed and in my opinion only a front to APPEAR to be doing something to provide for my safety. After all if I wanted to take a firearm in all I would have to do is use the front entrance and go around their "security". once inside they would be powerless to do ANYTHING but call the police as they are NOT armed. SO is it just me or are my rights to defend myself being striped and then my security NOT being properly addresed? Could I if god forbid something happned sue the hospital for not seeing to my security with due dilligence? I did speak with the supervisor about it and was told it's their policy and that was that. funny thing is the new director was apperently the gentalman who responded inplain clothes he however did not identify himself and only later after I went to patent representatives office to lodge a complaint was I told by the rep that I had seen the man that he would talk to about it (the director). for some reason I am feeling like I am just getting the runaround and being passed from one person who doesn't have answers to the next guy who DOESN'T have any answers???

stainless1911

Banned
Taking off your belt is asinine. NO ONE LIKE THAT SHOULD BE SECURITY ANYWHERE, NOR SHOULD THEY HAVE AUTHORITY OVER ANYTHING!

You are correct that any security force, corporation, business or individual that takes responsibility for your safety should be held both criminally and civilly liable when they fail to protect that safety. Untill someone sues and wins millions for this, it will never change. You are also correct in assuming that they can only appear to make people "feel" safe with their costumes, attitude problems and radios. And yes, you are getting the runaround.

BTW, Im glad you are still here.

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

hope your daughter is well! and my answer is to simply bypass the security metal detector and do what you said in the beginning of your post. if you don't have to walk through it then don't. problem solved

Ken56

some belts conceal a knife. not sure if you went to hurley or Mclaren but I don't believe anyplace can gaurantee your saftey short of letting us carry unimpeded. security is always flawed and can be bypassed if someone realy wants to get by it. I for one would like to see most no carry zones abolished. new to OC boards and this is my first response / post.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
OK so I had to take me Daughter to the emergency room today and apperently we have a new security director at our county hospital. So here's the deal he came in and "got serious" about security in the ER. I was told I had to remove my belt as it set off the metal detector. I don't have a problem if it is a real security measure but as the ER is accesable from the other side of the hospital the "security" is Flawed and in my opinion only a front to APPEAR to be doing something to provide for my safety. After all if I wanted to take a firearm in all I would have to do is use the front entrance and go around their "security". once inside they would be powerless to do ANYTHING but call the police as they are NOT armed. SO is it just me or are my rights to defend myself being striped and then my security NOT being properly addresed? Could I if god forbid something happned sue the hospital for not seeing to my security with due dilligence? I did speak with the supervisor about it and was told it's their policy and that was that. funny thing is the new director was apperently the gentalman who responded inplain clothes he however did not identify himself and only later after I went to patent representatives office to lodge a complaint was I told by the rep that I had seen the man that he would talk to about it (the director). for some reason I am feeling like I am just getting the runaround and being passed from one person who doesn't have answers to the next guy who DOESN'T have any answers???

If it's a county hospital, they can't ban firearms. Preemption and all.

PDinDetroit

Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital Emergency Entrance is the same way, I had to remove my belt to go through the metal detector and was given it back after I went through the detector and was found to be "clear". They just wanted to make sure that the scan came back clear and was able to wear my belt in the hospital afterward.

Yes, I can easily go through other non-secure entrances like you suggested...

Bailenforcer

As a holder of a Michigan State issued Private Detective agency and security agency license for many years I find Hospital security a joke. It is for show only and will not prevent the type of situations they fear. No matter what you are told there is a specific fear they have and most won't tell anyone outside of the system of security, and worse yet many of those guards have NO clue as to why the increased security, this is often done at the very top, and orders are followed.

There has been almost NO media coverage of a number of emergency room situations where gang bangers are shot on the street and assumed dead. The EMS arrives ad they revive the idiot and he is taken to the ER. Word gets out and the shooters fearing for their ow lives due to a botched job take up arms and hit the emergency room and a massive shootout ensues. These have happened and little is said in the media.

Here is the problem, these animals are bent on killing the rival and fearing for heir own safety if word gets out he survived they will risk death themselves to kill the other idiot. This is now a greater fear for security and Police with the sudden growth of MS-13, Serenios, and Latin counts gangs in Michigan, mostly in Flint Detroit, and other larger cities.
As we all know those morons will die trying and evidenced by Mexico and the daily massacres there.

Those idiots mentioned will just shoot their way into an emergency room and kill everyone i their way ad many innocents to show they are serious. As I said many times I don't go anywhere without being armed. Take from that statement what you will, but I am dead serious.

Now you know why the emphasis on security is in the ER only...

The information provided here was obtained from discussions with various law enforcement individuals.

There is no way in hell I am going to cower in the waiting room waiting to be executed. I will shoot back. The last time I took someone to the ER I stood just outside the doors after I helped them in and I stood there CC armed.

Last edited:

kryptonian

wonder the reason for hospital ban? what better place to be when you're shot?

also know that emergency rooms are frequent targets for drug addicts going thru withdrawl. they either fake symptoms to get meds or gain access to steal them. an addict in withdrawl is the most dangerous. they will say and do anything to get their fix. they don't listen to reason or rational thought. they are victimizers of the worst kind.